INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WEIRD: ... I changed my data disk drive...  (Read 1631 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
WEIRD: ... I changed my data disk drive...
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

Today I got a replacement SSD for my D: data drive which is where I have my MediaCenter library stored.

After restoring my D: drive from an Acronis image this morning... all was mostly well... MediaCenter started right up... BUT BUT BUT... the playcount was correct, but the last played date was missing ?   WTF ?

Since my library was stored on the D: drive and I restored the D: drive I expected my MC library to be "current" as of the time I did the image backup.

I tried restoring my library from one or more generations in the past... all had the play count right, but the last played date was missing.

I eventually tried "update tags from files" and it worked great.. unless I switched focus from MC to another pgm and then then MC locked up...

So I did it slow.. small parts at a time... and everything is correct in my library now.  Without switching focus from MC to any other pgm while the update was running.

My library is update right now... but this issue was weird... maybe the MC developers might want to know.

Whenever I switched focus form MC to something else, while "updating from files"  MC would lock up and require I kill it... if I didn't switch focus.. MC finished the "update from files" worked fine.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: WEIRD: ... I changed my data disk drive...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:28:49 am »

Whenever I switched focus form MC to something else, while "updating from files"  MC would lock up and require I kill it... if I didn't switch focus.. MC finished the "update from files" worked fine.

There are a number of MC operations that do this for me (a focus switch during the activity results in a UI hang); the thing to realize (if you're seeing the same behavior I am) is that when MC becomes non-responsive like that, it's still working and will typically finish what it's doing if you let it.  The UI is just hung, the actual thing you asked it to do is still being done in the background.  It's just that the thing may take a while to finish  ;D

I see the same thing with most of the library activities that spawn a modal progress window, and in a few other situations (i.e. running a  manual import while TV recording is ongoing, etc.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up