INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rating Playing Track  (Read 2024 times)

bc

• Junior Woodchuck
Rating Playing Track
« on: August 29, 2003, 01:32:05 pm »

Is there a way to assign a rating to a track from the action window or right click without first selecting rating?
bc

jleerigby

Re: Rating Playing Track
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 06:59:11 pm »

I don't really understand your question.  Why can't you just click the rating icon in the view?  If you don't show the rating column in the view (obviously rating is important to you) then perhaps you should.  Right click the column heading in the view to show rating.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 09:18:54 am »

Ctrl+Shift+0...5
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 10:20:37 am »

What you should do is to make a flashy little toolbar on your task bar like a lot of us have done with buttons: 1-5 to rate it by just pushing a button on  your task bar - even without MC being visible.

Look in the forum - it was talked about a LOT within the last week - probably on page 2 or 3.

gkerber

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 11:46:23 am »

What you should do is to make a flashy little toolbar on your task bar like a lot of us have done with buttons: 1-5 to rate it by just pushing a button on  your task bar - even without MC being visible.

Look in the forum - it was talked about a LOT within the last week - probably on page 2 or 3.

I went even further.  I have rating buttons on my IR remotes using mjextman (once someone showed me where to find the commands) I can rate from anywhere in my house where I have a remote.  (living room, office, bedroom, kitchen).

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 01:29:02 pm »

I went even further.  I have rating buttons on my IR remotes using mjextman (once someone showed me where to find the commands) I can rate from anywhere in my house where I have a remote.  (living room, office, bedroom, kitchen).

Does this mean you have to use girder?  

I just don't think I can be bothered spending several hours working it all out.  I'm currently using an IRMAN via MC's remote settings.  I would love to be able set ratings using this rather than girder.  MC's own remote settings do just about everything else I will ever need.

gkerber

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 02:45:46 pm »

Does this mean you have to use girder?  

I just don't think I can be bothered spending several hours working it all out.  I'm currently using an IRMAN via MC's remote settings.  I would love to be able set ratings using this rather than girder.  MC's own remote settings do just about everything else I will ever need.

Yes I used Girder.  It is confusing to use, but once I figured it out the first time, I find it's not that hard to copy what I did before to assign a new mjextman command to a button on my remote.  The first time is the hardest.

I would not want to have to start over....  (backups are my friend)

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 12:01:34 am »

That's exactly why I'd rather just use MC.  It's simple and quick to get going.  Ratings would be a great addition so I'll just keep praying that I see the following in one of the forthcoming betas:
1. New - Ratings added to remote control settings

I have the faith!
Pages: [1]   Go Up