INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android User interface is not at all like JRemote for iPad  (Read 1573 times)

jjazdk

• World Citizen

Hi All,

I have used JRemote on my iPad mini for quite a while and love JRemote.

Sooo, I just bought a 10" Android tablet and immediately bought JRemote, only to be hugely dissapointed.

I was (of course) expecting the UI to be identical (or at least, close to identical) between the iPad version and the Android version, but it is not even close.

What I love about JRemote for iPad is totally differerent on the Android version. I just don't get it, why not keep the same well functioning user interface?

The "Remote" function is non-existing on Android, and I quite often tap between the display options (Theater/Display/Standard) and I also Swipe the menu system (f.x. for subtitles), none og which I can on the Android version.

Also, when I watch a movie, on the iPad I have direct access to: Volume slider, Seekbar, Play, Stop, Pause, Skip forward and Skip backwards. On Android I have only Play, Pause and Skip forward. Admittedly Android has a nice volume function, but everything else is missing. And no, it is not user friendly that I have to tap the movie that is already playing to get to the informatioh screen where there is a seekbar, that is poor design compare to the iPad version.

Will JRemote on Android ever get the same great user interface that the iPad has, or should I start looking for a different Android remote?

Note: Does anyone know if it is possible to get a refund from JRemote.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote for Android; User interface is not at all like JRemote for iPad ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:13:00 pm »

The two versions aren't identical.  You could try Google for a refund.
Pages: [1]   Go Up