INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aries Mini and JRiver  (Read 3420 times)

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
Aries Mini and JRiver
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:32:55 am »

After I have sorted out the network problems that initially troubled my new Aries Mini, there still remain problems when using it as a UPnP renderer with JRiver.

Controlled via JRemote on an iPad and streaming the music from a NAS to the Mini via WiFi, it is impossible to play a whole album. The playback randomly stops. My assumption is that the communication between the Mini and JRiver is "broken", perhaps because the UPnP protocol in the Mini has glitches.

Using my OPPO BDP-105EU as a DLNA renderer, JRiver playback is flawless. Well, apart from the lack of gapless play with the OPPO, but it just doesn't do gapless. I know that. Using Auralic's own app, the Lightning DS, the Mini's playback is flawless. So, the problem seems to be with the Mini's implementation of UPnP and its communication with JRiver. This could probably be fixed with a firmware update.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Aries Mini and JRiver
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:47:48 am »

Please download the DMR analyzer from my sig, run the test, and post the log file here.

In the DMR analyzer Renderer Information tab, also try clicking on the various URLs and post the resulting XML files here too.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »

Andrew,

I'm on a MacBook, but have Windows 7 in a virtual machine. I will report back with the results.

Meanwhile, Auralic support wrote to me "We really only have the UPnP renderer option on there for compatibility reasons for some systems. It isn't a main feature that we have continued to develop. The Aries is designed around Open Home which is the Lightning Device setting. In my experience if using JRiver as a library I set the Aries to Lighting Device and use Lighting DS to control that library."

misterdog

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 05:02:58 pm »

Given this OP has been read 1861 times would this not indicate a strong desire from many to have JRiver able to operate using Open Home ?

Please,please,please...
Pages: [1]   Go Up