INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is m01p:// ?  (Read 3696 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
What is m01p:// ?
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:38:31 am »

I am doing some media inventory at the moment, and discovered a bunch of images on what looks like a server location (see attached). It is not anything I set up knowingly, and I get an error message when trying to play these images (only images there, no other media). The files are physically stored on an internal disk. When I search for a specific file name on "all locations", two images turn up - one on m01p and the other in the expected disk folder. The one in the folder can be played.

Any ideas what this might be? To me, it seems that there is only one physical file for each of these images.

I do have a few other servers running on this computer, i.e. plex server and Squeezecenter.
Windows 10, MC21.0.17.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: What is m01p:// ?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 07:43:57 am »

I think m01p is the protocol jriver uses when you connect to a media server via an IP rather than the network key/id, no idea why they'd appear as files in your library though

it sounds something a bit like https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90334.0

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:40:31 am »

I do use a client on a few machines, and I think I mainly use the IP address rather than the network key. The m01p "location" pops up on my office computer client also (I have not checked the others). It only shows up as "location" in the Images and Documents view, not Video or Audio.

It is really no a problem, it just doesn't seem tidy and it upsets my OCD. Could someone please explain how to get rid of it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 07:36:59 am »

I think it's safe to remove those files.  Back up your library first, and try a few before you do very many.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 08:01:28 am »

Since MC is not able to find them, I just deleted the entries from MC database. No physical files were removed.

It worked.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 02:24:57 pm »

Old thread coming to life again:

When I tag a photo on a client, this message appears on the server (see attached). Today, I was updating the tag Keyword on several images on the client. I also updated library (from tags) to get orientation right on several images. It seems that one such message is related to one image update, because there were multiple of these popups on the server. But (without counting properly), I believe I updated more images that the number of popups, so it all doesn't seem to add up.

I'm on 21.0.24 (Win10).

Trumpetguy

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 03:01:08 pm »

Another thing: I just updated 2290 images (library from tags) on the client, and now I must click Yes on this message an umphtillion times on the server. And before all Yes's are done, the client is not able to show all images (it does show some), and gets the attached message in MC.

I am guessing something is broken in my MC21 config, and would appreciate help to get it right.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 04:52:51 am »

*bump*
Pages: [1]   Go Up