INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC changed all audio artist names to one name  (Read 1660 times)

shneckpain

MC changed all audio artist names to one name
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:42:58 am »

MC  changed all audio artist names to the same one name in both album artist and artist.  I was changing “Byas, Donald” to Donald Byas in album artist and suddenly a pop up appeared indicating that 62000 files were being changed. I couldn’t stop this but shut MC down to try. In artist view, I now have two artists listed: multiple artist and bye bye blackbird.  I think MC automatically changed names from byas to bye bye blackbird in every single music album.
How do I reverse this or fix it?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC changed all audio artist names to one name
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:46:31 am »

Ouch.

MC makes regular library backups of all of the metadata.  Something like once every 2 to 3 days it makes a backup.  Go to File > Library > Restore Library .  You'll see a list of backups with their dates.  Pick the last one before this bad change and restore it.  That should get you back everything up to that point in time.

Good luck!

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:43 am »

Is this because having no files selected makes the tag window change all the files?

If so, we changed the next build so that no longer happens.  It wasn't really a bug, but we can understand how it would be unexpected so changed it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

shneckpain

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »

I don't why this happened, but I appreciate the quick help. Restoring the library fixed this.  The Bye bye blackbird is still flaky and I need to avoid going there.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up