INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi monitor TV  (Read 2029 times)

suviking

• Junior Woodchuck
Multi monitor TV
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:46:10 am »

Is it possible to use MC Television to watch more than one channel at a time? I have two monitors on my desk, would be great to be able to e.g watch a couple of games at the same time.

suviking

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Multi monitor TV
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:08:26 am »

So I found the option to allow multiple instances of MC at the same time (as described in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101807.0) and that works, i.e. I can now open two MC windows and have one instance per monitor.  By changing the volume to "Application Volume" I can also mute one while listening to the other.

I guess this is a working solution, although having multiple players from within a single instance would be slicker me thinks.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:12:17 am »

I think you might be able to do that with multiple zones in one player. Can't say I have personally tried to play multiple movies things, though!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:32:49 am »

Yes, you can do it with multiple zones in one player. You can even use detached displays for each Zone and have 4 football games playing at once on a single display.

For each Zone with a different display you need to go to Tools > Options > Tree & View > Full Screen and set the display to use for that Zone.

suviking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 02:51:03 pm »

Thanks Hendrik and mojave, I created two zones and yes it works! When setting the volume to "Internal Volume" I was also able to mute one channel. I did try a third as well, but it did not work quite right. I managed to have 3 detached displays up, but only two displayed content simultaneously. Still, 2 is good enough for my needs at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up