INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the "go to" hdmi capture card for Windows jrmc?  (Read 1697 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What is the "go to" hdmi capture card for Windows jrmc?
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

(NB: I considered putting this in the PC board but I figured it was windows and jrmc21 specific so posted here, move me if you like though)

I want to try to get my cable box routed through jriver which means, I think, getting jriver to play nicely with an HDMI capture card.

The minimum viable product here is

1) it "just works" (meaning minimal flakiness, can be used by children and grandparents without any sign of wtf)
2) stereo sound with PEQ
3) jriver internal volume is the only volume control

The bonus features that I don't expect to work are

1) multichannel sound
2) use of long FIR filters (convolution)

I am assuming HDCP is not an issue.

I believe the intensitypro 4k is the card for the bonus features but I also believe it doesn't actually work reliably, if at all.

What is *the* most reliable hdmi capture card that everyone uses on jriver and just works?
What are the gotchas I'm missing in this scenario? Is the "it just works for kids and grandparents" still a step too far?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: What is the "go to" hdmi capture card for Windows jrmc?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:33:55 pm »

Hauppauge Colossus 2 using either HD Fury product to remove HDCP or a cheap HDMI splitter.

1.  It just works. You do have to either tune the HDMI channel, create a Playlist just for the HDMI "channel" or you can add a Play TV toolbar button to Standard view. It is actually easier to activate on an app than with Standard View or Theater View.
2.  It can decode 5.1 DD in the digital audio stream
3.  madVR works fine for 3DLut
4.  Internal volume control is the only volume control
5.  The audio/video playback in JRiver is no different than playing any other file. You can use long FIR filters.
6.  JRiver now supports the Hauppauge IR blaster, but I haven't tried it yet.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 05:39:40 pm »

Excellent thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up