INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging and naming DVD's after ripping  (Read 3958 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
Tagging and naming DVD's after ripping
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:02:10 am »

Hi I'm using DVDFab to rip discs and there doesn't seem any way to download tags from any databases. Media Center will download Wikipedia entries though. What do others do/use? (JRiver seems pretty good at tagging audio CD'd of course). Thanks...

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Tagging and naming DVD's after ripping
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:39 pm »

I use JRiver for tagging movies & TV Shows now.  Just go to "Right Click" on the movie and select "Get Movie And TV Info"

Then enter in the correct movie name.  It will come up with a list of matches.  Usually the TMDb ones are at the top and have the best info and cover art.

Before you can do this though you have to make sure two tags are correct for the format.  This would be the "Media Type" which needs to be "Video" and the "Media Sub Type" which needs to be "Movie" or "Trailer" for movie data and "TV Show" For television episode data.

For television episode data you want to perform the search on TV Series Name and Season # Episode # like this: "Series Name SxxExx"

Hope that helps.

Carl

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:22:34 am »

Thanks this is indeed helpful.

For instance if I've got a Batman (60's TV series) I can at least take data of Wikipedia using the above method. Are there any other databases however I can get tag data from? It seems stuck on Wikipedia? Thanks...

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:30:38 am »

Get Movie and TV Info is supposed to hit thetvdb, themoviedb, rottentomatoes, wikipedia, and maybe one more.

I just typed in "batman s1e6" for one of my TV shows and it pulled up several entries, one of which was from the 1966 series, with a description and a screen shot.

Do you definitely have your media subtype set to TV Series?

Brian.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:57 am »

Yup indeed that works per episode but not per DVD.
I'm looking or more of a DVD catalogue database I guess..?

I have a box set like this, each ripped ISO contains 4 episodes, one is a special features disc:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Complete-TV-Series-DVD/dp/B00NQ4DP1S

Thanks...

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:00:33 am »

Per DVD?  You're not ripping TV shows to ISOs are you?  I'm guessing based on another post you made recently.

I have little experience with ISOs and MC.  I personally wouldn't rip to ISOs.  I'd rather have the decrypted contents in an MKV file so I don't have to fool with menus, etc, and I can be certain that most major players will play my files.

Bonus:  The get movie and tv info *works* ! :)

Brian.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:28:18 am »

Thanks...

I definitely want to tag ISO's.

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:14:54 am »

I use a program called MetaX. Its OK, does the job.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

I definitely want to tag ISO's
Like others have suggested, it doesn't make sense to use ISO's.
Ripping to hard drive folder will allow easier playback, sidecar support, particle support, and many other advantages.
Ripping individual episodes to MKV offers even more advantages.

ISO's are for burning. Keep in mind you can convert hard drive folder rips back to ISO's very easily for whatever reason you may need them.

My suggestion for tagging ISO's:
Obviously use the Series and Season fields. Hopefully there aren't multiple seasons on one disk.
For the episode field you can list the episode on each disc. ie "01-04" for disc 1, "05-08" for disc 2, etc.
Typically you can get the episodes from the dvd case.

You cannot scrape for episode info. All tags will be in the library only so be care if you more the ISO's.
Cover art may not show up properly by default because ISO's are data but it's not hard to make it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up