INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Icons  (Read 3095 times)

Sunfist

Album Icons
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:44:15 pm »

I have a question about the album cover art shown when in the album view. For several of my albums there will be multiple icons showing for the same album. In some cases they are double cd albums so I am thinking that may be why on those but in many cases it is a single cd album but with 2 or sometimes 3 images present. What causes that and what, if anything, can I do to fix it.

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Album Icons
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that the album name is not the same for each track on the album.

Highlight each track in the album and then check the tags.  If the Album tag is "Various" then the names are not identical.

You can correct it now (Replace the "Various" with the actual album name) and then they will be identical

Carl.

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 01:54:32 pm »

If you are juist talking about multiple album art that's normal if you are showing embedded art and different images are inserted into each track. They could be the same image with different sizes, or different images entirely.

To correct this get a good copy of the album art, select all the tracks inh the album and use one of the cover art options of your choosing (right click) and re-embed the cover art.

I have some compilations and box sets where I deliberately have album art that changes by track. Why its normal and sometimes desired behavior. There are a lot of reasons that can cause this ... letting itunes mess with your library is one of them ;) Keeping album art in the same folder is a good way to check "icons" but that's not necessary.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »

What JTCom said.  It's rather common for the various CD databases to label CD1 and CD2 of the same album with different album names!  It's obviously not correct, but these things continue to be in the databases.  The solution is to make the [Album] field have ONE value for the entire album, for both discs.  Make sure to also fill out the [Disc #] field for each CD, and the [Total Discs] field.

Brian.

Sunfist

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:33:39 am »

Can you tell me again how to access those fields so I can check them, like Cd#, Album, ect...

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 01:37:10 am »

Just click on "Edit" then "Tag".

You should see the tag fields on the left side column.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 02:35:23 am »

Albums with names such as "Greatest Hits" will also cause this. While they are separate albums, because they have the same name, MC will stack them in an album view.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 09:21:13 am »

^ That seems to be true in some views.  But in the standard Albums view, MC shows individual albums, even with the exact same album title.  Greatest Hits is a fantastic example actually.  :)  In my modified Albums view (cleverly named "Albums New"), it *does* stack albums with the same name!  I'm not sure what the difference is.  I need to investigate.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 04:41:59 am »

Well I took the OP very literally, and that he was talking about only the icon (read thumbnail, album art), and I no longer have the out-of-the-box "Album" view any more so I just loaded it to see. It seems like you are talking about complete albums stacking

Albums with names such as "Greatest Hits" will also cause this. While they are separate albums, because they have the same name, MC will stack them in an album view.

^ That seems to be true in some views.  But in the standard Albums view, MC shows individual albums, even with the exact same album title.  Greatest Hits is a fantastic example actually.  :)  In my modified Albums view (cleverly named "Albums New"), it *does* stack albums with the same name!  I'm not sure what the difference is.  I need to investigate.

Brian.

Like Brian I have a bunch of Greatest Hits, and these albums are not stacked, but unlike him or Marko I can't reproduce this issue if the Album Artist Field is filled out. UNLESS they happen to be the same ... eg. Album Artist=Various Artists Album Name=Greatest Hits ... then I can get them to "stack" the icons. Could this be a variant on the unique ID JR is using between Album Artist-Album Name?  If that is what you guys are talking about, then I'd put it up to a tagging error -- this happens to me sometimes when there is feat. or multiple artists on a couple of tracks ... JRiver thinks its a multiple Greatest Hits album and the Album Artist(Auto field) would be field out as Various or Multiple Artists depending. But it maybe shouldn't be. If its I dunno a Waylon Jennings Greatest Hits even though Derek Trucks plays on a song its still a Waylon Jennings Hits album -- I put Mr. Trucks as a soloist personally - ALbum Artist and track artist = Waylon J -- no stacking. If the album artist and the album name are the same (like in having multiple versions of the same album (remasters for example) with different art, if you don't modify the Album name its going to stack.

Or maybe you guys are referring to something else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up