INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Cover arts do not show up  (Read 1615 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Some Cover arts do not show up
« on: December 13, 2015, 07:11:31 am »

I have a JRiver Libry on a NAS: as soon as I launch JRiver some covers (which have been added previously do not show up: I have to select them an right-click 'Quick find in file / Cover Art' to see the cover. Any idea?

Another point is that the library is in a NAS directory which have user restrictions (user and passwd): is there a way to inform JRiver to login before accessing the library on the NAS? (QNAP TS219+)

thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Some Cover arts do not show up
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:13 am »

I have a JRiver Libry on a NAS: as soon as I launch JRiver some covers (which have been added previously do not show up: I have to select them an right-click 'Quick find in file / Cover Art' to see the cover.

Are the covers on the NAS too?  Are they in the same directories with the songs?  Or separate?

Another point is that the library is in a NAS directory which have user restrictions (user and passwd): is there a way to inform JRiver to login before accessing the library on the NAS?

The proper way to do this is to map a drive in Windows and tell it the authentication information.  That way MC just sees it as a regular drive letter and the authentication is handled by windows.

Brian.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Re: Some Cover arts do not show up
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 04:33:12 am »

Are the covers on the NAS too?  Are they in the same directories with the songs?  Or separate?

Ideally I liked the cover be on the nas in the same directory of the audio track files but they are in the server PC default dir C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\
Can you suggest an easy way to move these pictures from the PC where the server resides in the Album folder in the NAS automatically (or semi automatically ;), I'd love they were under backup too and companion with the related file

The proper way to do this is to map a drive in Windows and tell it the authentication information.  That way MC just sees it as a regular drive letter and the authentication is handled by windows.

Brian.
got it. thanks much
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature
Pages: [1]   Go Up