INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent problems when streaming Flac/Alac with JRiver 21 Media Network  (Read 3512 times)

dambor

• Recent member

I have been using JRiver Media Center 21 for OSX to stream music to my Naim ND5XS streamer without any major problems. But since a week or so, I'm finding problems when streaming Flac or Alac flies. I haven't touched the settings I've been using for the last months, but now several odd things happen: If you keep audio mode to Audio Mode "original" (as I have done for months), it will play the first selected song from the first record with no problem, but when a second track is selected from a different record, it will stall and the renderer will display an error message. When Audio Mode is selected to "Specify output format only if necessary" it will only stream in WAV format whether an ALAC or FLAC file is streamed, but it used to stream in Flac or Alac before on that mode. MP3 will be streamed as such. In that mode, it won't stall after swithcing to a new record. It won't also stall if Audio Mode is selected to "Specified Output Format" and set to WAV.

All of the above didn't happened a couple of weeks ago. A couple of things have changed since: an update of JRiver to 21.0.25, but 21.0.24 (when downgrading - I've tried) shows the same issues. The other thing that has changed is an upgrade to OSX 10.11.2 (I'm on the beta program).

Can anybody help?

Thanks and regards

reeve_mike

• Recent member
Re: Recent problems when streaming Flac/Alac with JRiver 21 Media Network
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:11 am »

Hi, I think that this might be linked to my "Media Network Setup - What am I missing ...?" post of a few days ago.  I too had been using MC21 with no issues with audio set to "original" (i.e. do not convert) until a recent upgrade from 19 to 25. Mike

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 10:41:37 am »

Reboot the Naim and see if that makes any difference.

Brian.

dambor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »

I reseted the Naim several times, but the problem persists. Other DLNA servers such as the Synology media server on my NAS work perfectly. I'm still puzzled...

dambor

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:05:38 am »

It seems is a JRiver 21 specific issue. I've tried JRiver 20 with Media Network settings set at "Audio>Mode>Original" and streams perfectly MP3, ALAC and FLAC files even 24/192 ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up