INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dolby decoding  (Read 5178 times)

john11

• Recent member
dolby decoding
« on: December 14, 2015, 12:22:37 am »

Hi. And thanks for reading this post.

I have asked this question before but cannot get an answer.

Can jriver media player properly decode dolby audio sometimes known as ac3.

I have played a few dolby 5.1 tracks but the centre dialogue channel is coming through very low

the other channels sound fine.

Should i install ac3 filter, is there a workaround for any of this

Many thanks in advance. John.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: dolby decoding
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 01:02:55 am »

you could try increasing the output of your center speaker using parametric eq or using room correction or both. what ever sounds best for you. both are found in dsp studio. or what about your playback system can something to the same effect be used there and just push 2. to that....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:00 am »

john11

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:18:54 pm »

Hi. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I followed the link but it said "Outdated Info"

Should i install the ac3 filter, will this bring back the centre channel properly?

I can't do it with the eq, have tried but jriver is not decoding the dolby sound very well, it goes beyond equalizing.

I don't want to install the community codec pack as i don't need that many codecs.

Should i just install ac3 filter, how do i make it appear in dsp studio.

Many thanks. John.

~OHM~

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 02:58:03 am »

you could try increasing the output of your center speaker using parametric eq or using room correction or both. what ever sounds best for you. both are found in dsp studio. or what about your playback system can something to the same effect be used there and just push 2. to that....

have you tried the PARAMETRIC EQ
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 03:00:53 am »

Hi. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I followed the link but it said "Outdated Info"

Should i install the ac3 filter, will this bring back the centre channel properly?

I can't do it with the eq, have tried but jriver is not decoding the dolby sound very well, it goes beyond equalizing.

I don't want to install the community codec pack as i don't need that many codecs.

Should i just install ac3 filter, how do i make it appear in dsp studio.

Many thanks. John.

even tho it says outdated if Jim pointed you there my guess would be it will work in MC21 give it a shot!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:07:29 am »

You don't need to do anything special to get Dolby Digital/AC3 to decode properly.
If you can't hear the center, its usually caused by you not actually having a center speaker, and not telling MC to downmix the audio to the number of speakers you actually have.

You can set the DSP to downmix using JRSS in  the DSP -> Output Format settings.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

john11

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:20:43 pm »

Yes, i realize the info is labelled as outdated but still may be valid,
but how do i get the ac3 filter to appear in dsp, i need plug ins and the ac3 filter is an installer, there are no plug ins.

I have tried the parametric eq to boost the mid but then it boosts the midrange going to all the speakers and the sound is all wrong.

Is there a plug in for dolby decoding i can use, free or paid for.

Many thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

John,

Re-read what Hendrick said above.  His advice seems like it's probably what's going on in your situation.  As far as I know, dolby decoding doesn't require any plugins or configuration.  Other than getting you OUTPUT FORMAT setup correctly.  This will apply to all audio, including DTS, PCM, DSD, FLAC, etc.

If you need help, post a screen shot of your Output Format settings in the DSP Studio and we should be able to guide you along.

Good luck!

Brian.

~OHM~

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »

I have tried the parametric eq to boost the mid but then it boosts the midrange going to all the speakers and the sound is all wrong.

then my guess is you don't have it configured correctly because it works great for me. In zone 2 for movies with pour soundtracks I can boost the center speaker only
Pages: [1]   Go Up