INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash with Yellowtec PUC2  (Read 6560 times)

labisoumaniac

• Recent member
Crash with Yellowtec PUC2
« on: December 14, 2015, 02:51:48 am »

Hi,

I have a problem with JRiver and YellowTec PUC2 on my system :

My PUC 2 is connected in USB on my computer and my DAC in AES/EBU but after a certain time (like 20 minutes for example),
JRiver crashes, the playing stops and doesn't restart.

I haven't the same problem when i connect directly my DAC on my computer but the sound is less good than in AES/EBU.

I use WASAPI in exclusive access et the buffer memory is full. I have the same problem with ASIO driver download on the yellowtec web site.

I use the 21 version of JRiver, Windows 7 professional, an dell i5-4590 with CPI 3.30 GHz, 64 bits and 8 Go of Ram
My PUX2 is powered by an external power.

If someone have the same problem, many thanks to help me !

Thanks all

Wil

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Crash with Yellowtec PUC2
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »

The first thing to check is if you have the latest PUC2 firmware installed on the unit
*and*
the latest Windows driver. They are both on the PUC2 support page.

Then, determine if this is a new issue (did it work OK before?) and if it is a new issue, figure out what may have changed.

Also, which version of JRiver 21 are you on? Did it work prior to an update of JRiver?

labisoumaniac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:33 am »

Hi,
Thanks for you answer.
I have the last firmware on my PUC 2 and the latest windows driver.
After updating JRiver with the 21 release, i had the same problem.
I haven't change anything on my config, on ly the update of JRiver.
Thanks.
Wil

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:44:38 am »

It's worth noting which version of JRiver 21 is causing the problem. For instance, the latest stable version is V21.0.23.

There is also a V21.0.27 out for testing.

So, if you can tell which version of JRiver 21 you are using now (when you have the problem) and also if there was a version that worked for you, that would help them figure out the problem.

You can also go back to a version that worked for you and confirm that the problem is no longer there.

Hope this helps.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »

Just so I'm clear on the issue:  You're using a DAC, the PUC2, as a digital passthrough to convert from USB to AES/EBU.  Then you're connecting the AES/EBU output to *another* DAC, which actually plays the music?

Doesn't that seem a little strange?  If you think the USB output of your computer is somehow "dirty" or not good enough, why use a whole other DAC to reclock and regenerate the signal?  Why not a dedicated device like a Jitterbug, a Schiit Wyrd, or a USB to coaxial (or toslink or AES) converter?  Or why not just use the PUC2 directly if it's USB clocking is really good?

Seems like having two DACs feeding each other might be sort of confusing from a drivers and configuration standpoint. 

Brian.

labisoumaniac

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 03:14:20 am »

Hi,

Sorry, i made a mistake on the configuration, it's not mine, it's for a friend.
He plugs the PUC 2 on the PC on USB, after he plugs his DAC on the PUC2 on AES/EBU.
Another configuration that he tried is to plug directly the PC on the DAC on USB but the sound is very very very better when he plugs the PUC2 between the PC and the DAC.

When he plugs directly the PC on the DAC, the sound is very very bad.

He tried these two configurations with JRiver on 20 and 21 version but the same problem appears : after a certain time, JRiver crashes.
The version of JRiver is the 21.0.23.
Thansk for your answers guys.
Cheer

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:43 am »

Hi,

Sorry, i made a mistake on the configuration, it's not mine, it's for a friend.
He plugs the PUC 2 on the PC on USB, after he plugs his DAC on the PUC2 on AES/EBU.
Another configuration that he tried is to plug directly the PC on the DAC on USB but the sound is very very very better when he plugs the PUC2 between the PC and the DAC.

When he plugs directly the PC on the DAC, the sound is very very bad.

He tried these two configurations with JRiver on 20 and 21 version but the same problem appears : after a certain time, JRiver crashes.
The version of JRiver is the 21.0.23.
Thansk for your answers guys.
Cheer
did your friend post n the French forum a while back? I thought the PUC was a DAC too so I didn't know how to respond.  How  does it sound with playback PUC direct to analogue?

trodesson

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 08:20:57 am »

Ok the yellowtec puc 2 is not a dac is only a interface (enter usb output aes ebu ) and i use enter my pc and my dac (benchmark dac 1)  I can use my dac without a yellowtec (and i have not crash) but the soud is really better when i use a yellowtec (but j river crash  ? )

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 08:55:40 am »

Ok the yellowtec puc 2 is not a dac is only a interface (enter usb output aes ebu ) and i use enter my pc and my dac (benchmark dac 1)  I can use my dac without a yellowtec (and i have not crash) but the soud is really better when i use a yellowtec (but j river crash  ? )
Thanks for clarifying. Just guessing, but How have you configured your Audio Device .. if it is WASAPI direct from the motherboard (comme tu as indiqué dans le forum français?), you might need the native ASIO drivers for the PUC. If the puc provides them you might want to try theirs first in the chain (choosing the PUC ASIO instead of Wasapi if it show up (?). If you want to compare set up a separate zone using PC to Benchmark using USB and not AES/EBU if possible ...  the DAC1 pdf from their site  warns about problems with custom ASIO drivers in the chain though - (I read that the DAC 1 is not ASIO compatible??) So could be a driver issue. Sort of strange that the PUC would sound better rather than going direct to this vey good DAC. So I'd say its a driver issue, but as I said just guessing. I use an interface too, but not for mastered music playback (I have separate zones set up for my interface controller for a DAW), so I know this doesn't help you that much.

labisoumaniac

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 09:06:26 am »

Merci, en français, ca serait mieux pour mon pote !!

Merci à toi.

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 09:09:41 am »

Merci, en français, ca serait mieux pour mon pote !!

Merci à toi.
k je dois partir pour la soirée la mais je le mettrai la trad plus tard/demain dans le forum français ici http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101950.0 sinon c'est le bordel :) pas sur que ça va aider pourtant

labisoumaniac

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 09:31:12 am »

Merci à toi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up