INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions Required to Start Media Center  (Read 1071 times)

ctaylor

• nothing more to say...
Permissions Required to Start Media Center
« on: August 31, 2003, 08:35:40 pm »

I was wondering whether someone could let me know what the minimum security settings are required to be able to start Media Center in Windows 2000 running in a Domain?

The issue I have is that it states I do not have enough privilege to run Media Center saying I must at least be a power user.  On the machine in question the Power User default group does not exist I assume this is due to it being a 2000 Server Domain Controller as it exists in a standard build. So the question is what local policies need to be set to make a group equivalent to Power User or is something else causing this error?

Regards,

Chris

scarnie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Permissions Required to Start Media Center
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 09:03:40 pm »

Is this actually running as the domain controller or just a machine you want to run Media Center on?

There should usually always be an 'Administrators' group on the machines local domain..

You don't have Admin rights to this machine, do you...  ?

Cheers,

Stu

ctaylor

• nothing more to say...
Re: Permissions Required to Start Media Center
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 01:43:44 pm »

I have admin rights to the machine which is the domain controller but I want to create a user on the domain that has access to the domain controller that can run Media Center without having admin rights on the machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up