INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 and squeezelite problem  (Read 3362 times)

AudioVero

• Junior Woodchuck
MC21 and squeezelite problem
« on: December 14, 2015, 03:09:41 pm »

Hello,

I can play a 16/44 wav track to a squeezelite client without problem by using the Logitech Media Server.
Now I have detected that JRiver also detects the same squeezelite client. And indeed I can play the track to with JRiver.
BUT:
It only works when the client option for audio conversion is set to MP3. If I try to select PCM16 or PCM24 the playback does not work.

So why does the LMS play correctly and JRiver does not?

BR
Uli

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 and squeezelite problem
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:16:31 pm »

I ran a quick test here and set it to "always convert" and "PCM 24bit", everything played normally.

These were flac though so jriver should be doing flac to PCM 24bit and then onto squeezelite from there. Does it specifically happen for wav tracks only for you or other sorts of tracks too?

AudioVero

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 04:24:51 pm »

Matt,

I can set at Tools - Options - Media Network - Add or configure DNLA servers:  Audio - format PCM24bit, Advanced - stereo downmix unticked. volume leveling unticked.
(as already reported setting format MP3 high bandwith is ok)
So where do you set 'always convert' ?

- Uli

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

OK I was using the wrong option

I can confirm that I see the same problem as you and my lms server log is repeating the following every 5s

[15-12-15 20:30:53.2199] Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for jpg playback for [upnp://192.168.1.29:52100/ARrs/238816.jpg]

when I send it as one of the PCM options. A quick google suggests there is some config to tweak for this (http://forums.slimdevices.com/archive/index.php/t-103254.html) but haven't tried it, anything in your lms server.log?

There is a test app which I think probes the capability of MC/the DLNA client at http://www.whitebear.ch/downloads/MCServerTester.zip which I haven't tried yet. This might be useful here as well.

AudioVero

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:24 am »

Hello Matt,

it took a few days because lack of time but now I guess to have found the reason:
JRiver detects the squeezelite client because of the UPNP/DNLA plugin in the Logitech Media Server.
This plugin does only allow mp3 and flac but not pcm.
So using Audio format: mp3 high bandwidth is working.
But it is better to use Audo Mode: Original (or Specify output format only when necessary) and to simply play flac files only. This ensures at least the best playback quality.

- Uli
Pages: [1]   Go Up