INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user to JRiver+JRemote...experiencing lots of little issues  (Read 1695 times)

paolotaverna

Good day,
I am a new user of JRiver (still in trial mode) + purchased JRemote.

My Hardware:
Iphone 5s to operate JRiver
Beoplay A6 to listen to music (connected with Ethernet) - please note that in the beoplay options, I have activated endless playback option.
Imac 2014 - connected to wired Ethernet (running latest version of Mac OC - El Capitan)

My Setup
I have JRiver media server installed on Imac 2014 (DLNA activated and streaming FLAC 16 bits/24 bits files)
I changed the JRiver media server settings in order to not compress my music files and leave as is(highest quality possible)
In a nutshell I have chosen : Audiophile 24-bit DAC , format : PCM 24 bit, sample rate : Same as source
I created a personal play list, and added music to my playlist.

I configured jremote to work with beoplay A6 and setup seems ok.

My usage 

I open jremote, I make sure that I select beoplay A6 in the zone option and start playing music by choosing one song from my playlist which contains 40 hours of music.  I activate shuffle.

My various issues/ steps to reproduce my issues

Issue 1 :
When I use the jremote, sometimes my jriver crashes...

Issue 2: If i let the music play without me playing with the remote, after a while (lets say 45 minutes - 1 hour, music stops playing ...for no reason. (note that I have streamed music from Tidal in airplay for days in a row, and all the energy savings are off from my Imac...) Is there any setting that I do not see in JRiver that makes server go to sleep. 

Issue 3 : If lets say I start playing one song from my playlist, the next song will be from an unknown list...I have no idea why it selects this song (it is indeed from my play list, but it's not listed in my jremote Queue)....it's like if it's playing music from another queue previously played.  In order for me to fix this, I need to unplug my beoplay a6 and replug...it then seems to be playing the queue correctly but does not work if I restart from another queue.
I also tried testing sending music to beoplay A6 without the use of the remote...meaning that in the JRiver media player I click choose send to beoplay...and then I see the queue directly in jriver media player (i have to clear queue to start using my jremove queue)..

this is really mind boggling....

Issue 4/more like a question : Is it normal that I see many servers in the device list...I see generic, audiophile..and 3 others?

Thank you very much for your support, I hope my text is not too long, I just want to be as clear as possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up