INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist & playlist additions disappearing / best practices for Amazon/MC/iTunes  (Read 1840 times)

adaminsf

• Recent member

Hello,

Running MC 21.0.23 on Windows 8.1, homegrown Intel i5-750 machine w/data on a Synology NAS.  Recently (past couple weeks) I have noticed several times that I'll be rating songs and adding some to playlists, and creating new playlists, and then a bit later notice that the playlist additions and new playlists have gone missing.  The songs I've rated remain rated, just the playlists have either lost their changes, or gone missing entirely (if they were new).

Anyone ever seen anything like this?  I thought I was going batty but it definitely happened again yesterday after a couple hours of rating/adding/creating.

Possibly-relevant data points: I have auto-import turned on (but it doesn't seem to work due to, I think, known issues with filesystem update events on Synology NAS devices), buy 90% of my music on Amazon, downloaded with their Amazon Music app, which is set to export to iTunes.  I use iTunesMCSync to keep my MC bits mirrored to iTunes for the sole purpose of getting playlists/music to my iDevices (only grudgingly since Apple provides no other way to get music on to the phone/pad).  I run iTunesMCSync only sporadically as the vast majority of my listening is either directly on the computer, or via JRemote.  It is possible there is an interaction here, although I wouldn't expect that to have any effect on my MC playlists.  I haven't run iTunesMCSync in a little over a week, so that doesn't seem likely to be related to yesterday's reoccurrence of the problem.

I'm not really sure if this is the best way to approach this setup is either - perhaps it's best to cut iTunes out of it (seems a good idea generally :)  and just have Amazon Music download directly to the music library and run MC import to pick it up, then let iTunesMCSync take care of keeping iTunes up to date?

Thanks for any tips!

Rgds,
     Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up