INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prompt to choose between Local Library or Client on MC21 startup.  (Read 2397 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

It would be VERY useful (and wife friendly!!!) to have MC prompt you to choose between Server or Local library on startup especially if it was closed while connected to a server PC.

All 3 home PCs have tuner cards recording shows and act as standalone MC entities but every once in a while they need to connect to the 3rd main HTPC rig to access recorded shows or the STB with Colossus.
This could be implemented as an option
Thx for considering!

(I'll save you from my usual spiel "this is essential to me ...Sage does it, etc...) Oups... I just did sorry :):)...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Prompt to choose between Local Library or Client on MC21 startup.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:23:54 am »

I think it's a reasonable idea.  If MC has a server library loaded, we could say "Re-connecting to MarsRover.  Hit Enter to continue, or any other key to use a local library."

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »

If this materialises, would it be as an option?

I absolutely, critically, without question, need the HTPC to automatically load the server library at startup, every time.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:36 pm »

I second that (to have it as an option). You may want the behavior to automatically connect to the server or local.

Jim unfortunately the "Re-connecting to MarsRover" msg is not wife-friendly   ;)
Only good to us geeks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up