INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Video  (Read 3139 times)

zenpmd

• World Citizen
Importing Video
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:53 pm »

I added my kmv folder to auto import and files were imported. However none of them show in the video tree - why?

Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing Video
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 02:17:11 pm »

Most likely the files imported with the wrong "Media Tag". You can open Standard View and go to "Imported This Month" under Playlists>Smartlists. If you see it there, click on it and select Tag. The Media Type should be is set to "Video" and the Media Sub Type would be "Movie" or whatever it is.
If this is the problem, post back and I can tell you how to automatically add the correct Tag for each folder you import from.

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 01:34:07 am »

Thanks. Oddly, however, it turns out they do not appear to have imported as they are not shown in the relevant smart playlist despite showing as imported in the display section?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 01:42:27 am »

Search for them in MC.  Sometimes a file can be imported wrongly as a document or other media type.  If that's the case, try editing the Media Type.  But kmv?  Do you mean mkv?

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 02:08:14 am »

I have searched and nothing is showing at all. Very odd?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:49 am »

You might need to do one of two things:

A.  Look in every major view in the files section:  Audio, Video, Images, Notes, etc.
B.  Build a new top level view that can see everything.  See, the Audio and Video views are limited to their specific types.  Audio can only see files with [Media Type] = Audio.  Video can only see files with [Media Type]=Video.  I have a view called "Files (everything)" that is unlimited.  It doesn't happen every often, but EVERY now and then I get a file that gets tagged funny.  Like [Media Type]=Data and then I can't find it.  Until I go to my special view.

It's really easy to set up a new view.  Just add a new view and put in in the Root.  Make it a Panes view to make it simple.  By default it should see everything in your library.

Good luck!

Brian.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 12:09:17 pm »

The easiest way I have found to see if it imported or not is to check the "Files" sections for each media type.  Then drill down to the path where the actual file is stored.  If it shows up in there  (You will have to check the "Files" section for each of the Media Types "Video, Audio, Documents and Images". then it has been imported.

This will tell you definitively if the files imported and also get you to a place where you can find them and edit the tags as needed.

Carl.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 12:31:09 pm »

B.  Build a new top level view that can see everything.  See, the Audio and Video views are limited to their specific types.  Audio can only see files with [Media Type] = Audio.  Video can only see files with [Media Type]=Video.  I have a view called "Files (everything)" that is unlimited.  It doesn't happen every often, but EVERY now and then I get a file that gets tagged funny.  Like [Media Type]=Data and then I can't find it.  Until I go to my special view.

It's really easy to set up a new view.  Just add a new view and put in in the Root.  Make it a Panes view to make it simple.  By default it should see everything in your library.

Good luck!

Brian.

This is the best/easiest way. Just be sure to add the "Date Imported" field to the view so you can sort by that. And add the "Media Type", "Media Sub Type", and "FileName" to the view of course.  Then your new imports will be at the top of the list if they exist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up