INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver launching automatically, preventing other applications to run  (Read 2628 times)

yoerik

Hi,

Lately I've been testing JRiver MC and I like it a lot. However, just as I was taking my wallet out to purchase a license, I noticed JRiver launches automatically on booting Windows (although it's not in the start-up list), which is annoying. Far worse however, is that no matter how much times I close it or kill all of its processes in the task manager, as soon as I open another app (Protools) that uses my soundcard, JRiver launches again, preventing Protools to launch. (Protools simply doesn't launch when drivers are claimed by another program).
Please tell me I'm missing something here and there is a simple and convenient way to turn off this nonsense behaviour. I'd really love to buy this software, but having to uninstall everytime I want to launch another app seems way to far fetched imo.

cheers,
Yoerik

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver launching automatically, preventing other applications to run
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

Far worse however, is that no matter how much times I close it or kill all of its processes in the task manager, as soon as I open another app (Protools) that uses my soundcard, JRiver launches again, preventing Protools to launch. (Protools simply doesn't launch when drivers are claimed by another program).

You probably have the option set to use MC as an WDM audio driver. Probably want to disable that ASAP.

VP

yoerik

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 02:10:11 pm »

Hi VP. Not exactly that, but very close. It was the ASIO driver (which doesn't show up in Win playback devices, making it trickier to spot).

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! getting that license now... :)

cheers,
y

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 02:18:01 pm »

It was the ASIO driver (which doesn't show up in Win playback devices, making it trickier to spot).

Yep - that's it. It burned me too when the option became available. It was launching every time I opened an app on my DAW :)

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up