INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't autoupdate or even find updates  (Read 2283 times)

DDD

• Recent member
JRiver doesn't autoupdate or even find updates
« on: December 19, 2015, 02:51:50 pm »

Hi there, I have a feeling this is something on my end but I'm really not sure what it could be.

This is the second time I've had to come to the forums to discover there was an update after checking multiple times in program for (stable) updates. I have version 21.0.27 and I had 21.0.24 earlier today. So I'm wondering is 21.0.27 not a stable update but a latest update, I never tried latest in program.

Also I've check my firewall and media center 21 seems to have access to the internet so I don't know what's going on. Any help would be appreciated!

Also I just allowed Media Center Extenders in my firewall, do you think that was it?

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver doesn't autoupdate or even find updates
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »

Hi there, I have a feeling this is something on my end but I'm really not sure what it could be.

Anything that is listed top of the page here - is (I believe) always a "latest" and almost never a "stable".

Stable is usually a much older build that was declared "it" a specific time in the past. I stay with "stable" on the HTPC and only run "latest" on my own workstation for testing purposes.

Probably need to check and see which release channel you are set to.

Cheers!

VP

DDD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:05:04 pm »

Thanks for the reply VP. That would make sense that it would be the latest, I've now set my preference to latest in program and we'll see if I get the next update. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:24:17 am »

Here's how the update system works:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates
Pages: [1]   Go Up