INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings on Mac  (Read 1895 times)

Witchdoctor

• Recent member
Settings on Mac
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:47:46 pm »

Once you've selected the correct output device (in my case, an external DAC) from within MC, do I need to keep monitoring the status of "Sound" settings and "Audio Midi Setup" on my MacBook Pro? Neither one wants to stay fixed on the DAC--they keep jumping around to other choices. Thanks for your help in advance.

J.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Settings on Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »

No. MC automatically controls the device and applies the settings selected in Tools > Options > Audio and DSP > Output Format on the fly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Settings on Mac
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »

This is actually what you WANT to happen.  You want MC to control the output format.

If you think that your DAC does best when fixed at a certain sample rate, you can have MC resample everything to that rate.  Like Glynor said, you can control that through the mapping table in Output Format, located inside the DSP Studio.  (Player > DSP Studio > Output Format > Sample Rate)

I think the best advice is to let MC play everything at it's native rate as long as your DAC can play those rates.  For any sample rate your DAC can't play, tell MC to resample to something your DAC *can* handle. 

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up