INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Files and Removing Them From View?  (Read 1474 times)

Tomd365

Moving Files and Removing Them From View?
« on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:40 am »

I am tagging my collection with Music Brainz Picard.  As part of the tagging process, I have MBP rename the files and move them to a different directory.  My plan was that as I finished tagging and album, MBP would relocate the file and it would not show up in JRiver, so the only files that showup in JRiver are the ones that have not been tagged.  Unfortunately, I can not get JRiver to ignore the directory where the files now reside and they continue to show up in my MC view.  How do I get MC to ignore the new directory?  I have excluded the new folder in the Import config.  What am I doing wrong or is there an easier way.  I only want to look the files I have not tagged and moved.  I do not want to lose my ratings and play count tags on these files.  I just want them to not show up until I am done tagging.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving Files and Removing Them From View?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:18:24 am »

if import is set to ignore a folder, it won't import files.  perhaps what you are seeing is the old files that were imported before you changed the import config?

you can either:  select all the files and delete>remove from library only

or you can set up a view, which has a view rule: filename (path) does not contain (the folder you don't want to see)

buchwald53

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

bought new computer and installed MC 21. Have MC 19 on old computer, where I can still access all files. But some files missing, got lost somehow,  do not appear on MC 21 on new machine. What to do?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:43:06 am »

Please read the wiki topic called "Moving Files".  Welcome to the forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up