INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Varies] not used with TVInfo() Expression Language results  (Read 1817 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[Varies] not used with TVInfo() Expression Language results
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:50:39 am »

This one is probably for Yaobing, and not an urgent one. Just a consistency and ease of use thing.

I am using a simple custom Category View to check Guide data. See attached image for an idea what it is.

In this view I use two of the TVInfo() functions, TVInfo(ProgramChannelNumber) and TVInfo(Channel) for columns at the Series level.

As you can see in the image, at the Series level when multiple Seasons or Episodes of a TV Show appears in the current Guide data, that column is filled with/set to [Varies].

However when using a TVInfo() function for a column, and there are multiple values for the Series, the field is just left blank for the two functions I am using. I haven't checked all TVInfo() functions, but for TVInfo(Date) the column is given what appears to be a random date selected from one of the related episodes in the Series. I would like to see [Varies] when, for example, a Series appears in the Guide data on multiple channels. This would allow me to identify when a Series is on more than one channel far easier, which could result in me changing recording rules to exclude a channel, or perhaps to include extra channels.

I don't know whether not using the [Varies] result is an oversight, intentional, or something has gone wrong with those functions. But it would be nice if the display was consistent with other MC areas of functionality.

Thanks for reading, and maybe putting this on the list of things to do at some stage.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up