INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST DSP not working in dlna configurations?  (Read 1191 times)

chj

VST DSP not working in dlna configurations?
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »

Evaluating VST plugins for a DLNA stream where the library is on a wireless Seagate drive, the JR MC on a win10 pc, I have the following observerations:

1. VST plugins is working for playback from the JR MC on the WIN10 machine. No problems.
2. Setting up the DLNA using the wireless Seagate, receiving the stream on either a Marantz na6005 network player or a LG G2 smartphone is a breeze and working.
3. But when defining a VST plugin FOR THE DLNA variant? Bummer. Either the sound mutes on both the Marantz and the LG G2, or it is playing without the VST plugin.

I also got JR MC to hang on several occasions and needed to restart it.

I would also like to mention that I find the setup procedure a little confusing. For example, to find the DLNA variants, one need to start the setup from scratch, and this is not optimal when you want to test which variant suits you the best.

However, the main question: Is there a way to make JR MC as a DLNA server (renderer) WITH VST plugins? The menu indicates this is possible.

Note that such feature is rather unique in the context of DLNA servers on the market, so with a little polish it should be an interesting option. For example KODI and ROON, there is no VST at all, even if VST is the industry standard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up