INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sort by empty strings default changed from MC18 to MC 19 - 21  (Read 1109 times)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
sort by empty strings default changed from MC18 to MC 19 - 21
« on: December 21, 2015, 03:55:47 pm »

Hi,

I recently moved from MC18 to 21 - I noticed that some of my smartlists weren't working correctly.  I figured out it has to do with the sort by empty strings option.

My smartlist worked fine in 18 and the box for sort by empty strings was NOT checked and it sorted correctly.  Starting with MC 19 my smartlists didn't work until I checked the box.  I am curious why the default action changed or why I have it off in the old version but have to have it on for the new version to get some of my smartlists to work correctly?

The problem with this is I have 100's of smartlists that are set to sort based off the MC18 default and eliminate certain songs (live songs vs studio and some other things) but these are all based off the sorting option as it was in all versions up to MC18 and then it was apparently changed in 19

So this blows up a significant amount of my smartlists.......

Not sure if I am missing something else but not sure why this would have changed...

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: sort by empty strings default changed from MC18 to MC 19 - 21
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:04:54 pm »

well I found this thread by Glynor which may explain my issue - as it is the number of plays column I am looking at in the case of the smartlists that aren't working correctly.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95771.0

This solution has put my smartlists back in order with the Empty Strings - unchecked.  So Thanks Glynor for the solution.

But I don't understand why it worked in all versions through 18 and then was changed in 19.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up