INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Wake Mac mini Media Server  (Read 2555 times)

Langston

• Recent member
Unable to Wake Mac mini Media Server
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:14:22 pm »

Hello!

I’m new to everything around here, but JRemote is like MC - amazing. And a joy to use. Thank you. :)

---

The main thing I’d like to get working is waking the Mac mini I’m using as a media server with JRemote on an iPad. The "wake" feature is obviously built into JRemote and it briefly allows me to wake the Mac mini and start a song. The problem is that it doesn’t actually play, it just cycles through the first 5 seconds or so and soon the Mac mini goes back into sleep mode. No audio ever makes it to the external USB connected D/A processor.

When I wake the Mac mini from another source (screen sharing from a MacBook Pro), everything then works perfectly. Even this won’t work unless I set Options to run both the Media Server and Media Center software. One would think just the former should do the trick.

I can get this issue to go away by forcing the Mac mini never to go to sleep, but this is wasteful.

Equipment:

Mac mini model 7,1, OSX v10.11.2, 2.8GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 2TB fusion drive, headless
iPad 2, iOS v9.2
JRemote v3.22

Merry Christmas! JRiver has certainly contributed to mine. :)

ACHiPo

• Recent member
Re: Unable to Wake Mac mini Media Server
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:09:06 am »

Did you get this sorted?  I have a similar issue with my HAL music server.

Langston

• Recent member
Re: Unable to Wake Mac mini Media Server
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:11:35 pm »

Nope... Just gave up and used OSX's screen sharing utility to wake up the Mac mini I use as a music server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up