INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audio and video out of sync in TV only  (Read 3419 times)

williamsmc

audio and video out of sync in TV only
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:29:11 pm »

I have a strange problem.  The audio on ANY TV (either recorded or live) is out of sync from the video by about 6 seconds.  If I watch a movie either from DVD or stored on the hard drive, the sync is fine.  If I take one of my recordings and open it with VLC, it plays fine, but if I open that same recording inside of MC the audio has a bout a 6 second delay from the video.  If I open the Silicon Dust TV tuner software, TV plays just fine.  Please help because I am stumped on this one.  I am running an HP ProDesk 600 -  Windows 10 - MC version 21.0.23 - separate hard drives for OS/TV recordings/Movies - Silicon Dust Tuner

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: audio and video out of sync in TV only
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:54:19 pm »

Are you using the JRiver WDM driver?

If the sync issue is only happing when your watching TV at 50, 60Hz or 120Hz but all your movies play fine at 24Hz, there is an adjustment under Tools<Options>Video>Advanced where you can correct for that specific sync issue. But if it is not related to the display Hz, then I don't have any ideas.

Did this problem just start? Did something on your setup change?

williamsmc

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:58:21 pm »

I've been using JRiver for about 6 months now and this only started happening in the last month or so.  Not sure about the driver - where would I check that?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 03:21:24 pm »

If you were using it, it would need to be turned on at "Tools>Options>General>Features (last item) and you would see it in the Windows Sound properties. But it is unlikely this would be on without you setting it (as it takes a little work to get it setup).

I would double check all the audio settings. Have you been testing/playing with any settings lately?

Also are you running the latest version (probably not since 21.0.30 just came out today). I would also try installing the latest version. Sometimes just a reinstall freshens things up and fixes issues - and the newer versions typically have fixes in them.

williamsmc

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 03:45:32 pm »

I have not been playing with the settings - once things are working, I tend to leave them since my wife and kids use this box.  This may sound like a dumb question, but where do I download the latest version from?  The one on the main website still shows version 21.0.23

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 03:49:26 pm »

I have not been playing with the settings - once things are working, I tend to leave them since my wife and kids use this box.  This may sound like a dumb question, but where do I download the latest version from?  The one on the main website still shows version 21.0.23

The latest build is on Media Center 21 for Windows board.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Buddha Boy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 10:46:29 am »

I noticed the same audio/video sync problem on live TV using the latest version (but it could have happened earlier; see below).  The timing difference was laughable, measured as 10-15 seconds or more.  No amount of sync setting fixed it.

Then I realized that I recently changed my network setting to launch the Media Server on Windows startup.

When is removed the media server auto-launch it fixed the sync problem entirely!  Does this make sense to anybody "in the know"?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »

When is removed the media server auto-launch it fixed the sync problem entirely!  Does this make sense to anybody "in the know"?

That is a good observation and question!

I wonder if this issue is related to the large out of sync that can occur with the WDM Driver sometimes, requiring an uninstall of the driver, and reinstall. Maybe the Media Server has a glitch caused in both situations.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up