INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will not retain the registration  (Read 1535 times)

rbpierson

Will not retain the registration
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:20:17 pm »

Ever time I open up MC I have to restore.  Now I only have 7 restores left and I hasn't been a week since I purchased it!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will not retain the registration
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:23:59 pm »

Did you copy MC to your Applications folder to install it, or are you running it from the DMG file directly, perhaps?

Make sure MC is installed in your Applications folder and there's no funny business with how it launches. Then, you can have it closed for this:

1. In your email you used to purchase MC, buy-button at jriver emailed you a MJR file. Get the most recent one and save it somewhere you can find it.
2. This file can be used for 14 days from when it was created, to license any installed copy of MC on any Mac.
3. You don't need to do a "restore" (putting in your license code) unless 14 days have expired on the MJR.

Once you get the license installed correctly, of course, it won't prompt you anymore ever again.

To install the license you should be able to just double-click the MJR file you saved in step 1 above. MC will launch and tell you the license was applied (or tell you if there was an error). If double-clicking it doesn't work or opens some other program, try right/control-clicking on the MJR in the finder instead, and choosing Open With > PackageInstaller.app.

That should fix you up.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up