INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Drop Outs....windows 10 update related?  (Read 2207 times)

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio Drop Outs....windows 10 update related?
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:28:38 pm »

I know this is outside the bounds of the usual MC discussions but maybe some of you have seen this.

My configuration:  HP Desktop running Windows 10, output via S/PDIF to an Adcom DAC, then the usual route.  MC 21.

Things have been running just perfectly until about a week ago.  Suddenly I'm experiencing audio drop outs.

The main FLAC files reside on an internal hard drive, and I have them backed up on an external USB drive.  I switched sources and no difference.

Looking at the device manager I see the following three events on Dec 17, about the time I started experiencing the problem:

Realtek High Definition Audio
Device migrated
Device configured (audioendpoint.inf)
Device started

The timing seems suspicious.  On the other hand it could be lots of other things.  But I thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this problem.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Drop Outs....windows 10 update related?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 12:36:29 am »

There have been other reports of similar problems with Windows 10 in the last week or so.

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audio Drop Outs....windows 10 update related?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 12:50:36 am »

Thanks Jim, and Merry Christmas.  Glad to hear that, as I was afraid perhaps my DAC was crapping out.

I'm currently trying to get Windows 10 to go back to an earlier set point.  It's taking forever so I don't know if it's hung or just a very very slow process.  At any rate when it comes back I'll post the results.

Pages: [1]   Go Up