INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with playlists order  (Read 2011 times)

jamezua

• Recent member
Problems with playlists order
« on: December 26, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »

I have a problem while making playlists with various albums, I have read the WIKI ( great tool ) and when I finish one I click Update order and then Lock that playlist:

it is supposed to keep that order, but when I send it to Play now or export it as playlist and open it from the folder where it is saved, the order changes:

It is ordered by Track # and not the original way, am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help ...  8)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with playlists order
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »

I don't know why that would be happening.  I just tested it in two ways:

1.  Right click on playlist > Play .  All songs went to playing now in the original order of the playlist
2.  Right click on playlist > Export Playlist.  Opened it in a text editor and they were, again, in the correct order.

If shuffle is OFF, Playing Now normally gets the *exact* order of what you add to it.  I'm stumped.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:13:31 am »

In the first image, the column you circled is the Sequence #.  That's just the order in which it's displayed in that view.

In the second one, you've circled Track #, and they are in order.

jamezua

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 05:35:59 am »

Thanks Brian an Jim for your help, I think I finally found what was the issue: I have created different zones to play in PCM or DSD, and then filters so to open the files from the explorer folders in the correct zone. In that filter I choosed to sort the tracks by the track number:

Now I have removed that rule and it works as it should be, couldn't imagine that rule could affect in that way, everything's OK now, thanks again ...  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up