INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on native convolution  (Read 2754 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Question on native convolution
« on: December 27, 2015, 03:33:22 pm »

I’m looking to set-up a system in which the main speakers run full-range with four (4) sub-woofers used to smooth room response.  This set-up is working using parametric EQ but I’m now interested in trialling it using filters generated from Acourate and processed using J River’s native convolution function. My issue is that I’m not sure how to set-up a convolution file that would see the main speakers unchanged (Channels 1 & 2) but low-pass for the sub-woofers (Channels 3-6 derived from Channels 1 & 2) and all these to be time aligned. All the examples that I've seen have all the channels being convolved. Is the set-up described possible, and, if so, then how?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question on native convolution
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 04:00:20 pm »

I'm not sure if jriver simply passes through channels not referenced in the convolver cfg, something to test perhaps. If it doesn't pass them through then just use the "Simple 1:1 filter" option in acourate to pass those channels through.

FWIW I don't know what the point is (of what you're going to do). What is it you want to do to your subs that isn't possible using a bank of IIR filters?
Pages: [1]   Go Up