INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STAN ONLINE VIDEO Aust. Anyone had a play around with it to work in JRiver?  (Read 2844 times)

Audio Adrenaline

• Recent member

I was wondering if anyone had had a go with trying to set Stan up in their system- I tried the suggestion of running things through JRiver as my default driver in windows but it really put the audio/video out of sync in playback - I have the ability to adjust the sync of video etc in my marantz reciever but im a bit concerned it will mess my dvd playback up-does jriver have any syncing tools to line up audio video speed etc-I havn't had jriver for long and I'm reading up on things but i haven't been able to sort this one out....

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

how far out of sync?  I think the default latency in JRiver is 100 ms, which is too much for A/V sync.  When I was using the JRiver driver I would drop it to 10 ms and it was much better.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Set up a Zone for Stan playback, and set the latency, buffering, etc. to account for the out of sync audio you are seeing. Set zone switch rules to switch automatically.

See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Also, there are several discussions on the forum about using the WDM Driver to stream external sources. Search around.

Note: I haven't done it yet myself, so I can't say how successful it will be.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Audio Adrenaline

• Recent member

Thanks guys I'll give that a try and let you know how i go
 :)

Audio Adrenaline

• Recent member

I Did muck around with it for quite a few hours today trying to get the sync right with it running the sound though the JRiver Media centre windows driver -a balance between using your receivers lip sync and jrivers gets it pretty close to normal tv/video sync on the Stan online format  format so for anyone who wants to know it is possible just be patient  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up