INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User. Misc Set Up Advice Needed.  (Read 1301 times)

mx4789

• Recent member
New User. Misc Set Up Advice Needed.
« on: December 27, 2015, 02:17:18 pm »

Hello! I tried MC21 and liked it so much that I bought a license. After getting it going last month I am now in the process of tweaking it to my liking. I have several questions and would appreciate any advice or at least being pointed in the right direction.

Background: My system is Windows 10 and I am using MC 21.0.23. I run it exclusively in Theater View. The PC is dedicated to being an HTPC so it boots up without a login and starts MC in Theater View Mode immediately. I use it for TV, DVD, Music, Home Movies, Images, etc. Everything it was intended to do.

Questions:
Should I let my PC go to sleep? Currently I have it set to never sleep. It updates the EPG at 5:30am daily and I run McAffee virus scan weekly during the night. I also have TV shows scheduled to be recorded during the day or evening. Not sure if any of this makes a difference to my question but I thought I'd throw it out there.  Also, should I schedule it to reboot weekly or w.e.

Is there a way to show year/episode on main guide page when using grid view? Currently it shows the grid, the highlighted program's name and a synopsis. It'd be nice to have it show they year as well, example: "Cops (1998) - follow cops around the country..." without actually having to click on the show, thus bringing up the secondary page, to see that information.

Where is the settings for "Gadgets" stored?  I like having Yahoo News, BBC, Interact, etc. and wanted to see if I could modify some of those settings (add/remove/modify news feeds). I would like to see if I could have Yahoo fetch more headlines, specifically.

Is there a way to associate a video with an album in the way that it does with cover art, etc? It'd be cool if I could download videos for specific songs and have them play in rotation with the artwork when listening to a song.  Currently it seems that MC pulls in the cover art if I have it, and then goes out and gets random pics from the internet, which was a pleasant surprise, btw. Does it store those random pics locally or does it fetch them from the 'net everytime? I've read the Wiki on covert art three times now but I'm finding it really confusing. I tried looking for the folders they discuss but I'm not having much luck.  My music lives under C:\users\htpc\music (with HTPC being the user name for the computer) but I didn't see any additional art work. Then I tried program files\jriver and nothing there jumped out at me.

One last question.. how would I go about setting the audio display to show albums sorted by artists, but, show all albums sorted by artists? Currently it "groups" all of a particular artist's albums together under one thumbnail.  Example (visualize cover thumbnails):
4 non-blonds | America | REM (3 albums) | U2
I'd like to show:
4 non-blonds | America | Monster | Murmur | Document | U2
See how the 3 REM albums show separately in the list instead of being "stacked in pile"?

Anyway... thanks in advance for any help!

mx4789

• Recent member
Re: New User. Misc Set Up Advice Needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:25:55 am »

>>I like having Yahoo News, BBC, Interact, etc. and wanted to see if I could modify some of those settings

I've done some more searching and apparently (other than what's available under tools->options) this is not possible. Based on these two threads:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77467.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70991.0

Please correct me if I am wrong.  Seems to me like the settings would be in an xml format somewhere  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up