INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide - support for record and skip buttons  (Read 1842 times)

mamikel

TV Guide - support for record and skip buttons
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am finding the hacked WMC offering not behaving particularly well so am looking at other media centers.  Thus far, j river is proving very nice.  So far, I've just found the following areas which I'm hoping there's a solution for:

In reference to the WMC remote control and behaviour in WMC, some features I use all the time:

Series Recordings WMC vs MC
within the guide in WMC and MC, if you press the record button on a program, the program is marked for recording.

in WMC, you can also press the RECORD button twice to quickly schedule a series recording and press it a 3rd time to cancel the recording.

Finally, in WMC, when you set up a series recording, it marks all occurrences of the program for recording including on the same day - for instance, in the case where two or more episodes of a series are shown back-to-back.  It seems in MC, you need to handle each time slot independently.  Have I understood this correctly?

Navigating forward and back by 12 hours
I mainly look for programs to record from 7pm onwards and will generally work through the guide for several days in advance.

Within WMC, you can use the remote's skip buttons >| and |< to skip forward and backwards 12 hours.  

Is it possible to configure MC to do the above or is that something which would have to be coded?

Movies View
Lovely.  I would just like to be able to offer one group for my young children and another for the adults - the main reason is some of the cover art is a bit too graphic to be able to put them together and I'd also rather the kids not be tempted to play some of the "scarier" films on offer.

Can this be done?

Moving recordings
Finally, I'd like to record to one drive but then have the recordings moved to another.  Is it possible to have MC do this?  I realise I can set up a scheduled task, but it would be good if I can organise this in the one place.

that's it so far,

many thanks

Matt

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Guide - support for record and skip buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 04:07:05 pm »

Series Recordings WMC vs MC
within the guide in WMC and MC, if you press the record button on a program, the program is marked for recording.

in WMC, you can also press the RECORD button twice to quickly schedule a series recording and press it a 3rd time to cancel the recording.

This is on my to-do list.

Navigating forward and back by 12 hours
I mainly look for programs to record from 7pm onwards and will generally work through the guide for several days in advance.

Within WMC, you can use the remote's skip buttons >| and |< to skip forward and backwards 12 hours. 

Is it possible to configure MC to do the above or is that something which would have to be coded?

It is currently not possible.  It is also on my list.

Movies View
Lovely.  I would just like to be able to offer one group for my young children and another for the adults - the main reason is some of the cover art is a bit too graphic to be able to put them together and I'd also rather the kids not be tempted to play some of the "scarier" films on offer.

Can this be done?

I think you should be able to create a custom view yourself.

Moving recordings
Finally, I'd like to record to one drive but then have the recordings moved to another.  Is it possible to have MC do this?  I realise I can set up a scheduled task, but it would be good if I can organise this in the one place.

There is a "Rename, Move, & Copy Files..." tool that allows you to move any media file (or a group of files) manually.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up