INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on iPad with Windows  (Read 3422 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote on iPad with Windows
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:24:34 pm »

I currently use Gizmo on an Android tablet with a Windows system.  I have customized the views for Gizmo in MC. Will JRemote on a iPad use the same customized views or do I have to do something different to use  customized views with JRemote on the iPad?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRemote on iPad with Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »

Bump

All I want to know if is I use JRemote on an iPad with it work with a Windows server and will it use the same views as Gizmo uses. Somebody must be able to confirm that is the way it works.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:08:14 pm »

Yes, I think so.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »

Thanks Jim.

I am trying to help a friend long distance on a system I do not control, so I want to be sure it works before sending them down this path. Hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:54:11 pm »

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize Views for JRemote, Gizmo, and webgizmo

This is where you export views for all of these remote control programs.  As the title says, it covers JRemote and Gizmo.  They use the same views.

Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:13:06 pm »

Thanks Brian. So, I guess you are confirming that the OS of the client and the server is not important and they can be mixed.  By the way, I am on version 20 and the Advanced Option does not say JRemote. Adding it must be a change in MC 21.

Sounds like I am good to go.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »

Thanks Brian. So, I guess you are confirming that the OS of the client and the server is not important and they can be mixed. 

By definition they use different OSes.  JRemote and Gizmo run on portable devices.  MC runs on Linux, Mac, and Windows.  But yes, as far as I can tell, you can mix any combo of JRemote or Gizmo talking to any flavor of MC.

By the way, I am on version 20 and the Advanced Option does not say JRemote. Adding it must be a change in MC 21.

Strange.  I just fired up MC20 for Mac and it has the same wording as MC21.  Maybe it was a late MC20 change?  <shrug>

Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »

But yes, as far as I can tell, you can mix any combo of JRemote or Gizmo talking to any flavor of MC.

It is surprising how difficult it is to just find out for sure if they all mix and match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up