INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get WebGizmo working on mac  (Read 3008 times)

cowboy_flm_fan

Can't get WebGizmo working on mac
« on: January 02, 2016, 08:11:13 am »

I'm on a mac running snow leopard (10.6.8 ) and MC20.
Once I start the service as stated in the Wiki page :Tools->Options->Media Network->Enable media network...

This all seems to work, I get a password and then I'll try to access the webpage http://localhost:52199/Gizmo/ or just click the link: "..Open with web browser"

This all gives me an empty page: no error message or nothing.The web browser(safari) also doesnot ask for the password.
The same happens i I try to access this mac from the local LAN.
The MCWS on the other hand seems to work and gives me a whole page in the browse window.

Now this WebGizmo thing has an entry "..Appearance :default" and when I click this I get "browse appearances folder".
Until now I haven't been able to localize this folder anywhere in the computer. I suspect it is pointing nowhere now and that's the reason I get an empty page.

There must be a folder somewhere where this default appearance is stored but where???

Please do not answer like: install the latest version(MC21) because it will not run on my system.
And please do not answer like :install OSX Yosemite or Elcapitan, these are not compatible with my old mac!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get WebGizmo working on mac
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:30:29 am »

I originally thought that MC20 wouldn't run on anything lower than OSX 10.7.  But I was told a few months ago that it mostly runs on 10.6.8, but with a few missing pieces and parts.  Maybe web gizmo is one of them; I'm not sure.

Web Gizmo is "ok" I guess, but it's sort of clunky and not all that attractive.  Have you tried gizmo on a phone or tablet?  It's a free download.

What are you trying to achieve?  There may be a different way of doing it.

Brian.

cowboy_flm_fan

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:29 am »

Well Bigentry ,my goal is to have a more foolproof interface to the Mediacenter rather than I have now, and I mean for playing audio only.
Right now all music is on a headless mac mini attached to an amplifier and speakers. Control is done via VNC or screen sharing as apple calls it.

This is basically OK,but it allows a little too much. Especially at parties people might mess up quite a bit and not only in the media player but in the whole system.
And I'm neither in the possesion of a tablet nor a smartphone

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:23:53 am »

You might try Party Mode. (View > Party Mode)

That makes MC very safe for completely untrained users.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Party_Mode

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up