INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging mode revisited.  (Read 1335 times)

Marko

Tagging mode revisited.
« on: August 28, 2003, 04:38:00 pm »

Could someone please help out here.

First of all, try this...
Open MC, select media library in the tree, then paste this into the search field....

[Date Imported]=<=1440

If you haven't imported anything in the last 24 hours, add a zero to the end of the string till you get some results. Then select a files from the list and enter tagging mode. Are you happy with the list? I only get tagging options relating to the search results, not the entire library.
I see this as a bug, but no-one else has mentioned it, and as "this train is leaving" I'd quite like to have this confirmed before it does. I think it might be keyword related, as searching by number of plays for example, also behaves this way when going to tagging mode from those results.

This is not the way it worked in v.226 (pre AW build). In that build it worked as expected. (to me, anyways).

Cheers for any feedback.

dragyn

Re: Tagging mode revisited.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 04:44:35 pm »

A lot of things broke after 226 and again, I agree with you on this.

If I setup a field rule without "any" files showing, all entries are there to click on. So I don't think this should be a problem when only a few files are shown.

If the entries aren't there, how are you supposed to tag them? Recreating the entry is just time consuming for something that's already there.

Marko

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 08:02:36 am »

I've been plugging away at this one, and here's where I'm up to.

If I move my [date imported] view scheme group into a playlist group of smartlists instead, and set column 1 to fetch this playlist group, tagging mode works exactly as it should, as long as the group parent contains no search data.

This is a 2nd rate work around for me though, as it means there's now 9 panes!!!

Why will this View Scheme not work for tagging mode any more?

Can it/will it be fixed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 08:16:07 am »

Thanks for the explanation.  It needs to honor the scheme search (so "AC/DC" isn't listed as an artinst under Images) but ignore the user search.

It'll be changed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up