INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name column identical to Artist Column  (Read 2600 times)

mskl99

• Recent member
Name column identical to Artist Column
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:04:36 pm »

Just downloaded trial version.  The Name column is identical to the artist column.  See attached screenshot. Why does the name of the song not show?
Thanks,

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Name column identical to Artist Column
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:40:57 pm »

The tags of your m4a files must be set so that the name and artist are the same value.

Not sure why that would be...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mskl99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 06:05:07 am »

All the files are being used in itunes where they work fine. Very confusing.
Mike

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 07:43:44 am »

The view you show is of the built in Artists view.  You're showing it in Details mode, but it's really designed to be viewed in Thumbnail mode.  Artists view is designed so that you find an artist, double click on it, and then see all of their albums.  Double click an album and then you see the tracks.

To change that back to Thumbnails, click on the down arrow next to the word Artists in the header.  Then select List Style > Thumbnails .

If you want a more list oriented view, go back to the left navigation pane and select Audio > Panes.  That should give you a good place to start.  Explore all of the views under Audio and see how they work.  MC is very flexible in how it shows you your media.  There are many ways to browse, search, and sort. 

Brian.

mskl99

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »

Thanks, I got the desired look by using Audio->Files.  I'm not sure why I didn't try that.  I tried everything else.  Thanks for your help.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »

Try Panes too.  If you like file listings, Panes are a step up with more control.  Did you know you can modify views?  You can change them to suit your preferences.  Or you can add new ones.  The built in ones are good, and are a good place to start.  But they aren't the end. They are the beginning.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up