INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote album sort  (Read 6905 times)

Stigmater

• Recent member
JRemote album sort
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:42:18 pm »

Please help to organize Album view on JRemote ,
I want to see all albums organized by artist , the same as I have in artist tab but I want to see all albums revealed.

As in artist tab : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqdff1t9mxoqbp3/JRiver%201.png?dl=0
As I want in album tab: only managed to sort like that in MC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tda7e4kcy8jfn1/JRiver%202.png?dl=0

Not matter what I did in the settings I can't manage.

Thanks in advance

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote album sort
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »

JRemote views are kind of unusual.  The views in JRemote are separate from the Standard View.  Initially they are based on the same thing.  What's weird is, the JRemote views "stick" to the originals, even when you change the views in Standard View.  Like the customization you've made to Albums.  In Standard View it shows you what you want.  But in JRemote it's "stuck" in the old view.

So how do we update JRemote to use an updated view from Standard View?

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote...

When you go there, you'll see a list of views under Audio.  You'll see the Albums view.  Remove it.  Now, add it back again (Add > Library item from standard view ).

Watch where it gets added.  It might show up under another view unless you click "Audio" on the left first.  It's kind of quirky.  Once it's added, you can drag it around to arrange it where you want it to be.

Finally, you have to quit and restart MC.  *And* quit and restart JRemote.  Once that's done, your updated view should appear and should sort exactly as it does in Standard View.

Brian.

Stigmater

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:40:27 am »

Thanks Brian , I did exactly as you mentioned , the view changed but in the beginning I have now a couple of folders with compilation and in the end I have some albums that start with numbers , I don't understand with all that versatile configuration JRiver couldn't implement simple view , like in artists just with out the compilations folders of same artist.
Do I asking too much ?

In Aurender app I had this by default since it's so logical , as well under artists the order of albums was according to year.
What so difficult JRiver ? 

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

Does this same sorting happen in Standard View?  They should be the same.   If so, you need to change it there, and then re-export it again.

I'm guessing that you're sorting by Artist and then Album.  What you probably want to do is sort by [Album Artist (auto)] and then [Album].  That way, the compilations are all grouped under their [Album Artist] instead of just [Artist].

Brian.

Stigmater

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 03:15:59 pm »

Blgentry

I want very simple thing:

I want in album section, view same as in artist, except the albums are all revealed.

Artist (artists ordered alphabetically and under each artist all his albums ) which is very good.
Albums ( artists ordered alphabetically and under each artist all his albums BUT REVEALED, NOT IN  compilation)

Can it be done ?

I tried to do the
album artist (auto) - inside settings - sort is empty
Album - inside settings - sort is : ascending
It didn't helped , album section looks totally disordered 
Please help

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »

I apologize; I can't follow what you're asking for.  Screen shots, possibly with arrows pointing to what you're describing might help.

I thought I had exactly what you wanted by making an Albums view and then doing:  Sort by > Custom > Album Artist (auto) .  Have you tried that?  If that doesn't work, please provide a screen shot, or some more detailed explanation.  I'm sorry I'm not understanding what you are trying to describe.  I can tell you are trying; there's just a language barrier.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 04:08:28 am »

I'll give it a shot .. a picture is worth a lots of words :)

First, make sure you have the album artist filled in correctly -- being consistent with compilations or they will be split up (eg. compilations = Various Artists or Multiple Artists). If you have a problem its probably here in the tags. Read the Wiki to see how album artist (auto) works

The display all Icon can be used to avoid "drilling down" to each artist's albums which I think is what you want, otherwise it doesn't hurt to have on the screen ;)

hope this helps

edit: Although I have 19 still on my machine, it was installed under Win7 and I'm running Win10 now and too lazy to reinstall 19 just for a screenshot. But if memory serves there are no significant changes to the Remote Views. HOWEVER you probably cannot search the options for JRemote it will just say Customize Views for Gizmo and Web Gizmo as JR didn't change the options panel to include it at this time. You must reboot JRemote on your device and reconnect to the JR server as the new view will not automatically be shown otherwise.

Stigmater

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 01:02:24 pm »

Arindelle , Thank you so much for your answer

Based on your input i finally managed to do what i wanted with the view, thanks again.

One small issue though,
now in album view when I using the AZ scroll in the right side of the screen and for example i want quickly move to  'V' for Victor Wooten and i don't want to scroll all the way down [now i have to scroll a lot more because all albums revealed and not under Artists]  i hit 'V' but i got to "Visitors" ABBA
i understand that now the AZ' ruler for album name and its an issue now, my albums is sort by Artist as i wanted and not as Album AZ.
What can be done ?

Thanks

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »

if you followed my screenshot, you have a choice to hit the first icon which should say All Album Artists right? Then all the albums are displayed.

if you want to find an album by ABBA, I would not hit the first button, but rather hit A go injto abba then pick the album (sorted alphabetically).

If you want to change the sort order to Albums in front of Artist you can do so to avoid this, but this is a bit strange unless you only have a coulpe hundred cds that you know by heart. (As of today I have 7641 different albums (more if you include multi-disc albums. I would go crazy doing it this way.  :P) What you could do though is create a separate view and base it on album name and not artist or album artist. I'd keep the one you made though.

For info you can also add a second category, doubling Album Artist (so you see it twice in box No 4). This allows you to use the group option (hit edit when the category is selected -- if you choose 2 for example you get ions for A-B, C-D etc.). I use this pretty often, as scrolling is for the birds when you have more than few thousand albums and its more tactile/visible than the little bar at the right. Pressing edit when a category is selected also gives you different sort order possibilities
Pages: [1]   Go Up