INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Will Not Load After Install - Help Please.  (Read 2290 times)

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
MC21 Will Not Load After Install - Help Please.
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:36:20 pm »

Hi guys, newbie here and need some help please.  I downloaded the trial of MC21 6 days ago to my iMac and tested for a few days - all good. I then loaded it to my mac mini dedicated media server on the same LAN - seems to be working fine using media files loaded to my NAS.
MC21 on my iMac worked fine until yesterday - when I opened the app it could not locate the server and gave a message that it had encountered a "fatal error" and that i should reload the app (Mac Mini was running and operating fine and visible in finder - I could connect to it from the iMac no probs).  
I deleted MC21, all the library files, cleared the trash and re installed MC21, then received a message that the trial period had ended and apply for an extension which i did.  I received the extension code, input but it would not accept.  I repeated this a few times to no avail.  Then trashed everything again, reinstalled and MC21 would not load at all on the iMac.  I have repeated this exercise a number of times both with the original download file and also with newly downloaded files.  MC21 will simply not load on the iMac.
I suspect that I have missed something here and would appreciate some advice.   Thanks guys.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC21 Will Not Load After Install - Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:06:03 am »

The extension only works in the first 45 days after installing MC.

Did you try rebooting both machines?

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 01:11:04 am »

I only had 5 days after installing before having to ask for an extension - the extension did not work.  Yes I have rebooted a few times.

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:22:47 pm »

Update: Booted the iMac this morning and after about 1/2 hour MC appeared in the dock of its own accord! I did not start it.
I asked and received an extension code, but MC would not accept it.  Quit and restarted MC, no option now for extension.  Decided to pay and see what happens - used the restore function and input the key....voila!  So far so good.  Thanks for thinking about the problem.  I will update if there is a change to status as it may help someone else with the same issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up