INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Couple of Minor Isses  (Read 3113 times)

Gunny

• Recent member
A Couple of Minor Isses
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:58:19 pm »

First troubleshooting post here so please forgive me if I've left anything out.  I installed MC 21 a few days ago and generally love it.  I do have a couple of issues.

1) I have a lot of ISO's on internal HDD's.  Most play fine but one particular title [DeJaVu] was recognized improperly by the auto importer as it's French name.  I figured out how to manually rename the title but when I select it for playback it is choosing the Directors commentary version instead of the feature film.  I can play the feature externally using XBMC with no problem so I'm assuming I just need to point MC to the correct track but I don't know how to do that.

2) When I am playing another source such as TV or music and decide i want to start a film, it will not play unless I manually stop the other source first.  Is this normal behavior or can I change it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A Couple of Minor Isses
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 12:02:19 pm »

for Number 2 you can set up zones and then zone switch rules to stop playback in different zones. See the WIKI for a detailed explanation. However this is normal behavior so that 2 streams shouldn't happen at once, otherwise you'd have playback overlapping, multiple audio track etc.

for No.1 this is probably a tagging issue  - you should recheck both files in the tag windows to see. You are probably aware that ISO's are treated as a data file, make sure that you have configured for that in your Autoimport config.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »

1) Yes, check tags. They would be the reason the incorrect film is selected. If you are manually doing the Movie lookup, you should be able to change the search criteria so that MC finds the correct movie, and if it returns more than one result, pick the correct one from the list.

2) If you only have one zone, probably the default if you haven't set up anything else, and are playing a TV show, then start playing a movie instead, the TV show should stop playing and the movie should play correctly. That is what my system does. I just tested it again, but by double clicking on the shows rather than using a remote control play button, but it should act the same regardless.

If you have set up multiple zones, then follow Arindelle's advice.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:04:33 am »

yep,  as Roderick mentioned, double clicking will also clear and play files if the option is set for this ... check to see in options that under General, Behavior double clicking replaces playing now and that "start playing now when adding files" is also checked.

Gunny

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 06:40:44 pm »

Thanks for the help, guys.  

For issue #2, must have been a rookie experience as I am now able to start a TV program and have a playing audio track stop automatically, as well as play a movie and have a TV or audio playing source also stop automatically.  Sorry for the false alarm.

For issue #1, I probably wasn't clear on what's actually happening.  When I play the title via XBMC it presents a list of playback choices which includes Main Title 30, Main Title 50 and Original Blu Ray Menu.  MC presents no choices and defaults to main Title 50 which is the Directors Cut.  I need it to either default to main Title 30 or [preferably] present all available options.  Is this possible?

Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.  I didn't need 30 days to evaluate JRiver.  It's easily the best out there.  Just bought my license after day 4.  8)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 08:52:47 pm »

When you start the movie, you can right click and select titles, then choose from there.  MC will remember which one you picked

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:25:32 am »

For issue #1, I probably wasn't clear on what's actually happening.  When I play the title via XBMC it presents a list of playback choices which includes Main Title 30, Main Title 50 and Original Blu Ray Menu.  MC presents no choices and defaults to main Title 50 which is the Directors Cut.  I need it to either default to main Title 30 or [preferably] present all available options.  Is this possible?
Did you find the OSD? (On Screen Display).  Use the up and down arrows to cycle through choices.  Right, left, and enter also work.  The wiki has a topic.
Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.  I didn't need 30 days to evaluate JRiver.  It's easily the best out there.  Just bought my license after day 4.  8)
Thank you.

Gunny

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

Found the correct title using the "right click" menu and all is well.  Also finaly discovered the main title was imported seperately by the Auto Importer using the name "MAIN TITLE."   Love the irony.

Thanks again for sorting this out for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up