INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV info for CSI original  (Read 2714 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie & TV info for CSI original
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:13:37 am »

Hi all, Happy New Year!!!

I was importing some of my ripped CSI dvd's and after a while the Get Movie & TV Info stopped working for the CSI series. Episode 6 did not get any results and now all of the seasons get no results. It seems to get the right show but does not load any data. I was doing a block lookup for the fourth season and it failed after episode 5. I am wondering if thetvdb changed somehow. It works fine for CSI Miami or CSI New York but now the original CSI.

If I do a 'Get from Internet...' to get the cover art it comes back with CSI NY images not CSI.
Anyone else get this?

Also there is no 'thetvdb' tag like the 'IMDB Id' field that is available for TV shows.

Ross

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Get Movie & TV info for CSI original
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:26:04 am »

It appears to find two entries, one for "CSI" and one for "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", and only the second contains data.
I'll poke around a bit later to see if there is something we can do.

There is a TVDB ID field though, its called "TheTVDB Series ID" and its automatically populated when you do a lookup. You could do a manual lookup of one episode, and make sure to select the correct entry in the dialog - that way it should re-populate the TVDB Series ID field, and might fix automatic batch lookups for the other files.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

that way it should re-populate the TVDB Series ID field, and might fix automatic batch lookups for the other files.

It does. In fact, CSI was the series I was using as a tester when agitating for that feature way back in the day.

The [theTVDB Series ID] field is a relational field keyed off of [Series]. This just means that if you fill [theTVDB Series ID] for one file in a particular series, it has the effect of filling that field for ALL files in that particular series. And naturally, this field gets filled when you do a Get Movie & TV Info lookup on an episode of a TV Show.

When you do a Get Movie & TV Info lookup on any TV Show file, if [theTVDB Series ID] is non-empty, then the search uses [theTVDB Series ID] to do the search instead of the [Series] name.  So:

0. Make sure your CSI files have [Series] set the way you want it to be (such as [Series]=CSI)
1. Select one CSI file and, by itself, do the Get Movie & TV Info.
2. Manually select the proper entry (you can change the search if needed).
3. Apply the changes.
4. Now, the TVDB Series ID field will be filled for all files where [Series]=CSI, and will automatically be used for any future lookups (whether batch or single-file).

You can keep [Series] tagged however you prefer. It doesn't matter if you prefer to label CSI in your Library [Series]="Grissom's Plucky Adventure Team".  As long as all of them are tagged that way, and one of them has been "fixed" by tagging [theTVDB Series ID] then the lookups will work just fine.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:17:02 am »

This is now working again, there must have been a change on the tvdb side.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:20:37 am »

Thanks Glynor / Hendrik for the extra info.

I must admit fixing it without releasing a new version is skilful indeed Hendrik :)

The cover art is also now working.

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up