INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't sort tracks for cd burning!  (Read 913 times)

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
Can't sort tracks for cd burning!
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:28:57 pm »

I'm using the latest beta (9.1.241) and have run into a maddening problem. The sort order for burning a cd (in this case a data cd) appears to be unchangeable. I used the "Send to CD Burner", and then sorted the list by Album, Track, Artist, and Name. But no matter what I did - tried to save the view, turned automatic saving on or off, dragged tracks to different positions - every time I tried to Update Order or clicked anywhere else in MC, the sort order reverted to Artist, Album, Track (the Sequence column - which I've never really understood - is actually the first sort column, and it just reverts back to how MC had it initally).

Then, on top of this frustration, when I did burn the cd using the order that MC dictated, the playlist burned along with it was not even in the order indicated above (MC's "preferred" order). This is highly frustrating - I've been using the betas for several weeks now and have been very impressed. But tonight was the first time I wanted to burn a cd and I couldn't even create basic control over the sort order.

In searching through the forum for the last few weeks it does look like a few other people have indicated having similar problems, but there were never any responses to their posts. I'd hate to think that after dutifully updating my betas on a near daily basis that I'd have to go back to 9.0.180 at this point just to burn a cd  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up