INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to open a MP4 in Windows 10 from JRiver  (Read 3465 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
How to open a MP4 in Windows 10 from JRiver
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:53:59 am »

Hi

I have downloaded a movie from Windows store. To play it back it seems like I have to play it back through windows "Film and TV" (norwegian name, may be something else in other countries).

Same goes for blue-rays. To do this for blue-ray movies I select use external programs and select the external program to use by selecting a path to the exe file. The external program in those cases is an iso mounting program.

However, does anyone know where the "Film and TV" application can be accessed?
Right clicking on it just gives me other options, no "Properties" to check where it is located. This is a windows 10 related issue. I guess it is because the app comes from windows store or something.

So, my real question is, how can I find the path I should ask JRiver to use as the external program to play.
(I can not use "default" and let windows figure it out as I have JRiver on a server and that will cause strange nuts to happend - I think because JRiver tries to transcode it on the server side or something - selecting an external program does work)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to open a MP4 in Windows 10 from JRiver
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 12:15:04 pm »

If you want to open a file externally but playback automatically in JRiver, go to Options=>File Types and find the type you want so it defaults to JRiver.

Normally you would import these files though. Once imported the default file type association is no longer that important.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »

It's the other way around. I want to have the files in JRiver, but use an external player (JRiver is unable to play the files).
My problem is that I'm having problem locating the path for the external player.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 07:06:17 am »

It's the other way around. I want to have the files in JRiver, but use an external player (JRiver is unable to play the files).
My problem is that I'm having problem locating the path for the external player.

oh I see DRM problem. Well you can try right clicking on the track/film choose Send to, then Send To (External) you can add a program there. Think that should work for you

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 09:04:54 am »

However, does anyone know where the "Film and TV" application can be accessed?
Right clicking on it just gives me other options, no "Properties" to check where it is located. This is a windows 10 related issue. I guess it is because the app comes from windows store or something.

The properties of the files can be found in the Tag Action Window, or inline in the view if you are showing Details (columns) as opposed to Thumbnails or whatever. The [Filename] property contains the full path to the files. If you don't see [Filename] listed in the Tag Action Window, you can click the little menu button in the top-left corner of the Action Window and choose Show All Tags, and then it will show that listing.

If you want to locate a file in Windows Explorer, though, there is an easier way. Right click on the file and choose Locate > On Disk (External). That will pop up a Windows Explorer window with the file in question selected.

As Arindelle mentioned, you can also use MC to send files directly to external applications using the Send To menu items. You can add your own applications, so you could send it directly to Windows Media Player if you add that application to the Send To applications.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 10:54:26 am »

He is asking how to set the file name and path to a third party player EXE application (the Windows 10 video player application to be specific).
He wants to use MC to browse and select the tracks, and also use MC to launch playing of the selected one on the Windows 10 player application.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »

I know. The original question went unanswered, though, and I thought I'd provide additional context (and directly answer that question, of how to locate the files in Windows Explorer, and where the file properties are located).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up