INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art question  (Read 2938 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art question
« on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:39 am »

Hi
I am using the setting: Save cover art in same folder as the music files. Save as folder.jpg
And also I have the setting: Also save cover art in file tag.

Are this settings wise or should I try something else?
Save cover art in file tag also, does that meaning I can see the cover art in the upper part of the tag-box down to the left were it also is shows: FLAC 3,22 - 19,2MB, never played (ex)? Or is it meaning something else?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover art question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:28 am »

Those are the settings I use. 

Cover art in the file is literally that...if you copied a track to a USB stick with no other data, your friend would be able to see the cover art (and extract if desired)

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »

I use your config too. IMO its the best, although you don't really need the artwork as a file really. Its the embedded image that you want. But having the file in the foler not only burdens the system disk less, it also helps me set up admin views when I want to find and replace low rez art.

Some people use cover instead of folder, but folder is used in so many programs, I just continue to use it. Renaming the file can cause issues in some external programs .... not an issue if you stick just with JRiver of course, but its a pretty universal convention.

oh and yes its the embedded image written to the file container that you are seeing not the folder.jpg file

Captor

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:20:41 pm »

Arindell, Not sure I understand you. You mean I do not need the cover art saved in the music folder that contains the songs? Just in file tag?
In that case there will not be any cover art if putting the music folder on a usb-stick to a firend as ferday explained above, right?
JRiver for music

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »

if the image is saved to the file, you don't "need" the folder.jpg.  the cover art will go wherever the file goes!

like Arindelle, i save the folder.jpg anyways...it can help with some admin processes and it's force of habit from years of scanning covers

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »

if the image is saved to the file, you don't "need" the folder.jpg.  the cover art will go wherever the file goes!

like Arindelle, i save the folder.jpg anyways...it can help with some admin processes and it's force of habit from years of scanning covers

Yes  :)

Captor

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 01:34:12 pm »

Understand, thanks!
Do you guys know anything about cue-files? I use to delete them in folders i come over with flac files.
And it works just fine. But from time to time there is some folder that I import to JRiver were the album is ending up in unassigned. In the folder in the library everything looks fine. But then after the import there is something missing. Mostly the artist name or the album name. Often both. Looks like the album is wrong tagged or not at all by the person who has ripped the album. I wonder if this information is in the cue-file also? And by taking them away I got this mess after importing?
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up