INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital TV Tuner Support?  (Read 34027 times)

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Digital TV Tuner Support?
« on: August 28, 2003, 03:46:31 pm »

Is there any chance that MC will support Digital TV tuner cards any time soon?

I have a VisionPlus DVB-T (TwinHan) DTV card.
Cheers
Rob

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Digital TV Tuner Support?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 07:03:29 pm »

Sometime in the future, but not soon. Digital cards in the market now do not conform to Microsoft's Broadcast Driver Architecture, and therefore are hard to support. We have to try to support them one by one, which is not very feasible.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Samsonite

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 06:34:44 pm »

Sometime in the future, but not soon. Digital cards in the market now do not conform to Microsoft's Broadcast Driver Architecture, and therefore are hard to support. We have to try to support them one by one, which is not very feasible.

I have the same setup, my question is do you support the BDA standard?

There are BDA drivers for twinhan http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/%7Espectrum/ they are not official.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 08:43:29 pm »

I have the same setup, my question is do you support the BDA standard?

There are BDA drivers for twinhan http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/%7Espectrum/ they are not official.

No, we do not support BDA yet. We will in the future.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:08:04 pm »

No, we do not support BDA yet. We will in the future.

Just wondering if BDA support is getting any closer? I also have a VisionPlus DVB-T (TwinHan) DTV card.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 08:16:12 am »

As of now, the only DBA device supported is ATI's HDTV Wonder (ATSC).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 05:43:17 pm »

As of now, the only DBA device supported is ATI's HDTV Wonder (ASTC).

Ok thanks. Any word on when support may extend to cards like mine?
Z-Wave Home Automation

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 12:25:37 pm »

Will other BDA cards now work that the HDTV Wonder card is supported (if it is a standard wouldn't they all work)?  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 08:34:59 am »

Ideally yes. But most drivers have some imperfections which force me to add code to handle them. ATI HDTV is such a case. Because of that, I still have to add devices one by one. After I test a few more of them, I may be able to make the code generic enough to support cards that strictly adhere to the BDA standard.  That will have to wait until after the release of MC11.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 09:46:17 am »

Thanks for the response.  Is it worth trying another BDA card or do you not have any generic code in there such that there is no chance it would work?  I would like to try the Avermedia A180 card (designed for MCE but has BDA drivers).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 11:44:56 am »

Thanks for the response.  Is it worth trying another BDA card or do you not have any generic code in there such that there is no chance it would work?  I would like to try the Avermedia A180 card (designed for MCE but has BDA drivers).

If you already have the card installed, and also have the latest MC installed, then by all means try it. If you need to buy the card and hope it will work, then do not do it.

Without going back to look at my code, I think ATI HDTV is the only device that is listed in the devices list, even though I do have quite some generic code. Sorry.

Yaobing

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 10:42:11 am »

Well, I couldn't resist.  I bought the AverMedia A180 tuner card and while it is recognized by MC when I go into the TV Settings dialog and click on the "Digital TV" tab MC locks up.  So, I would like to put this card on the list of cards to support when you get around to adding hardware support again.  Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 01:34:22 pm »

I will keep that device in mind.

Vampy

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 05:58:52 am »

I am using now 30days free version and this program is very friendy for use, but with the same problem was mentioned here is no way to buy it. I have TV tuner Asustek EuropaII hybrid capture, but it is not supported in MC for Digital.  Is here anybody who know when for this card will be some support update in MC?

This tuner is normally use for HP PC´s. It is
Thaks for help

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:22 pm »

I have a Win TV Nova-T PCI and would really like to be able to use it in MC too!! ;)

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 11:11:23 pm »

I would like to see the MDP-130 card covered

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »

Any progress on DBA support?

I use Webscheduler for all my scheduling ( http://dvb-ws.sourceforge.net/ ) and it had DBA support that seems to work with almost any DBA compliant card that's thrown at it.

All I now need in MC to allow me to watch live Digital TV with timeshifting and I'm happy!

Cheers
Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 01:28:04 am »

Any progress on DBA support?

Been wondering this myself also (considering the last time I enquired about this was almost 2 years ago!!! ?).

This is not a criticism and I appreciate that it mustn't be a simple task to accomodate so many different cards but like rpalmer68, I've wondered how applications like Webscheduler have managed to do it so seemlessly.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to use at least one of my DBA complient cards with MC sometime soon.....

Thanks,
Ray
Z-Wave Home Automation

JONCAT

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 10:25:28 pm »

FusionHDTV5 USB has support for x64 but from this thread I am guessing it's not supported in MC.

Anyone have any recs. for external HDTV decoders (for use with HDTV antennae) supported by x64?

Dr. C

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 09:09:05 am »

FusionHDTV5 USB has support for x64 but from this thread I am guessing it's not supported in MC.

Anyone have any recs. for external HDTV decoders (for use with HDTV antennae) supported by x64?

Dr. C
I am currently working on support of FusionHDTV 5 USB, and possibly generic bda support.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 01:58:31 pm »

MC 11.1.131 has support for FusionHDTV 5 USB, and possibly generic bda support.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 02:15:05 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Do you think the driver will work with the fusion 3 pci card?

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 02:23:47 pm »

Hi, I have the Hauppage Nova-T PCI and have just updated to 11.1.131 after nearly falling over myself to get to the download link! Was v.excited! Gone into TV options and clicked the Digital Chan button and.... nothing.... just a Signal Strength 0 which changed from grey to black. Does this mean that it's not yet working or just that I'm having a dumb moment and don't know how to use it! ;)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 04:41:22 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Do you think the driver will work with the fusion 3 pci card?

Dvico web site lists FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T along with Fusion5 cards. Is this what you have? The software download does not distinguish one device from another, so I am assuming it works for all.

The best thing do to is to try it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 04:43:45 pm »

Hi, I have the Hauppage Nova-T PCI and have just updated to 11.1.131 after nearly falling over myself to get to the download link! Was v.excited! Gone into TV options and clicked the Digital Chan button and.... nothing.... just a Signal Strength 0 which changed from grey to black. Does this mean that it's not yet working or just that I'm having a dumb moment and don't know how to use it! ;)

First make sure your device is listed in "Digital TV Devices" and selected.

After clicking the "Digital Chan" button, you should get a "Scan Channels" dialog which would start scanning automatically (unless you already have some digital channels listed, which I think should not be the case for you).

I have only the FusionHDTV device to test with. So I do not know whether it will work for your device, but I am hoping it will work. If it does not, please email me a log file.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 04:57:28 pm »

Sorry, I should have said that right now it will only work with ATSC devices. Not DBV-T. I said it in the MC release thread, but forgot to mention it here.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 11:16:03 pm »

Sorry, I should have said that right now it will only work with ATSC devices. Not DBV-T. I said it in the MC release thread, but forgot to mention it here.

Doh!! What's the schedule for DBV-T support?

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 08:12:25 am »

Doh!! What's the schedule for DBV-T support?

As soon as I get ATSC working properly I will look into other formats. Sorry, I can not give you a specific time frame.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 02:22:38 pm »

Dvico web site lists FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T along with Fusion5 cards. Is this what you have? The software download does not distinguish one device from another, so I am assuming it works for all.

The best thing do to is to try it.

It is a FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T.
I'll bring in and try it at work. It's on a non-windows machine at home.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 08:19:49 pm »

We have preliminary support for DVB-T in today's build, 11.1.144. Please let me know how it works.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 01:41:31 pm »

Hi, I have tried DVB-T via the Hauppauge Nova-t PCI
All i can manage to get mediacenter to do is open the scan channels dialog and apparantly it scans for channels. The signal strength changes but no channels get listed in the list. I have left it for about 15-20 mins before stopping the scan
Am really looking forward to using this with MC!! ;)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 04:29:46 pm »

Hi, I have tried DVB-T via the Hauppauge Nova-t PCI
All i can manage to get mediacenter to do is open the scan channels dialog and apparantly it scans for channels. The signal strength changes but no channels get listed in the list. I have left it for about 15-20 mins before stopping the scan
Am really looking forward to using this with MC!! ;)

Can you send me a log file? yaobing at jriver dot com

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 04:06:42 am »

Hi Yaobing
I have been waiting for AGES for this wonderful news of support of DVB-T!! I am eager to replace my two analog cards, but have been waiting for MC support to get zone switching.
Which cards are more likely to work with MC? I have read your comments about the standard not really being a standard but would really like a card which works with MC.
What cards haved you used for testing so far?
What i really want to be able to do is play radio stations on DVB-T through audio only zones, will this work?
cheers
mark

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2006, 04:48:41 pm »

I have not tested any DVB-T card because here in the US ATSC is used. Therefore I have to rely on users to test it for me. There have not been a lot of feed back yet. I hope more people will try it and send me log files.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2006, 08:46:58 am »

It is only because i have been following this thread that i knew the support had been added, maybe you could start a thread in the main forum asking for volunteers/leemings?

Can you give me a hand with the difference between PVR's and Tv cards? As far as i can make out, a PVR is just a TV card with onboard encoding right? There doesn't seem to be much better them otherwise.

At present i'm leaning towards a Leadtek card, but i might change my mind. As soon as i have one i will be more than willing to help with your testing. Have you come across any manufacturers you would particularly recommend/avoid?

cheers
mark

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 01:09:56 pm »

It is only because i have been following this thread that i knew the support had been added, maybe you could start a thread in the main forum asking for volunteers/leemings?

Good point.

Can you give me a hand with the difference between PVR's and Tv cards? As far as i can make out, a PVR is just a TV card with onboard encoding right? There doesn't seem to be much better them otherwise.

I don't know if there is anything deeper than "Personal Video Recorder" in PVR. If you are talking about analog devices, such as Hauppauge WinTV PVR's, they have hardware encoders indeed, so that video can be recorded in MPEG-2. Digital TV signal is already MPEG-2, there is no need to encode. Some analog devices also come with hardware decoders (WinTV PVR 350 is an example) to reduce CPU usage.

At present i'm leaning towards a Leadtek card, but i might change my mind. As soon as i have one i will be more than willing to help with your testing. Have you come across any manufacturers you would particularly recommend/avoid?

I have not tried out many digital TV cards, (only two ATSC cards so far) so I am afraid I can not help you on this.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 03:26:08 pm »

Yaobing,
I've installed the latest dvico drivers for the fusion 3 card. It didn't fix the problem with switching back and forth between the analog and digital channels. Once I switch to the analog channel, switching back to a digital channel gives a no signal problem. The ONLY way to get it to work again is to reboot the PC (or use the dvico tv program with which I can view the digital and analog channels but even after going back to a digital channel, MC doesn't work without a reboot).

Also, for some reason in MC, the latest 11.1.148 build, the channels stopped working (except for a single channel, 5-1. All of the other channels gave good signal strength indications, said 480i, then just gave a blank screen.

I then deleted all of the channels and rescanned the digital channels. It only found one channel.

Next I rebooted the machine, ran just MC, rescanned the digital channels and it found the ones it should. When I try to play them it works sporadically. I then changed the video filter, tried different filters and MC still worked sporadically. Interestingly, with one of the filters, it always said the resolution was 240p no matter what channel I tried.
Just for the heck of it I switched back to "let direct show choose the best filter". This worked the best of all the options though when it tried to display a 1080i picture I ran into the screen formatting problem again.. Finally while in the "let direct show pick" mode, when I switched from a channel in one resolution to one in a different resolution, MC bombed.

If I use the dvico tv app it finds about 10 channels with multiple subchannels and I can switch back and forth from analog to digital with it and all of the channels work.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 02:40:47 am »

I am running 4 TinyUSB2 BDA DVB-T tuners (see www.digitalnow.com.au for specs) on my PC and they work fine with all the other software I'm running so I know they are OK.

MC11 sees the 4 devices but come up with an "Unable to Play TV" when I try to scan for channels or do just about anything digital related.

Is there a way of resetting all the TV options so it will prompt me for country etc again, as I did have different card installed initially so don't know if some previous settings might be causing problems.  The Reset TV Settings option doesn't seem to reset anything for me as far a I can tell.

My log is below:
Code: [Select]
0000000: General: Starting logging: Date: 21/03/2006 1:12:13 PM
0000016: General: Log Reset: Logging reset
0007016: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Start
0007016: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Options page: Playback (0)
0007016: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating options page object
0007016: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating window
0007078: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Updating window
0007078: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Subclassing window
0007078: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Finish (62 ms)
0011156: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Start
0011156: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: HWND: 0. MainTVManager created: 5CEA008
0011250: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Finish (94 ms)
0011250: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Start
0011250: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: OnSize called. Width - 0, Height - 0
0011250: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: After NukeDownstream.
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Start
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Finish (0 ms)
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: After NukeDownstream.
0012547: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0015156: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Start
0015156: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: HWND: 0. MainTVManager created: 5CEA008
0016734: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Finish (1578 ms)
0016734: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Start
0016734: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: OnSize called. Width - 0, Height - 0
0016734: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Finish (0 ms)
0016734: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: Start
0016750: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: before InitializeDevices
0018781: TV: CMainTVManager::InitCapFilters: Start
0018797: TV: CMainTVManager::InitCapFilters: Finish (16 ms)
0018797: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: after InitializeDevices
0018797: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: Finish (2063 ms)
0018828: TV: CMainTVManager::SetOption: Start
0023594: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Start
0023594: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Playing Digital channel DTV -1
0023594: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Start
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Cable
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Antenna
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: ATSC
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 0DAD2FDD-5FD7-11D3-8F50-00C04F7971E2
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Digital Cable
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 143827AB-F77B-498D-81CA-5A007AEC28BF
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: AuxIn1
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: FM Radio
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: DVB-T
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 216C62DF-6D7F-4E9A-8571-05F14EDB766A
0023656: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Finish (62 ms)
0023656: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Start
0023656: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: Start
0023688: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: giving country code 1 to IFrequencyMap
0023734: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0023734: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0023750: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (16 ms)
0023750: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadFilter: Start
0023828: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0023828: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0023891: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Failed to connect to pin on downstream filter.
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (78 ms)
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadFilter: Finish (156 ms)
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: Finish (250 ms)
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadDemux: Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadDemux: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Failed to connect to pin on downstream filter.
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Cannot connect demux to capture filter hr=0x80004005
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Cannot load demux
 hr=0x80004005
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Start
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Finish (250 ms)
0023906: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Finish (312 ms)
0023906: TV: CMainTVManager::StartPreview: Start
0023906: TV: CMainTVManager::StartPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0023906: TV: CMainTVManager::SetupTVTuner: Start
0023906: TV: CMainTVManager::SetupTVTuner: Finish (0 ms)
0023922: TV: CMainTVManager::SetOption: Finish (5094 ms)
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Start
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Start
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Start
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Finish (0 ms)
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: After NukeDownstream.
0028359: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0028359: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Start
0028359: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Start
0028359: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Finish (0 ms)
0028359: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0032234: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Start
0032234: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Command: 2
0032234: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Ending modal loop
0032234: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Finish (0 ms)

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 04:46:11 am »

I have not tested any DVB-T card because here in the US ATSC is used. Therefore I have to rely on users to test it for me. There have not been a lot of feed back yet. I hope more people will try it and send me log files.

I have 2 DBA DVB-T digital tuner cards - both working fine with other software.

My primary card is a DNTV Live! http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/DNTVmini.html and my secondary card is a standard DVICO FusionHDTV Plus http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/DVBTPlus.aspx.

I can initiate a scan ok but no channels are returned. The dialog remains open with the "please wait..." at the top. There is the occasional HD activity and the signal strength fluctuates from time to time initially and then stops. After a few minutes MC hits 100% CPU and I must reboot my PC.

I've emailed you the log of a recent scan attempt which I was able to stop before MC crashed.

Ray

Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 08:09:36 am »

I am running 4 TinyUSB2 BDA DVB-T tuners (see www.digitalnow.com.au for specs) on my PC and they work fine with all the other software I'm running so I know they are OK.

MC11 sees the 4 devices but come up with an "Unable to Play TV" when I try to scan for channels or do just about anything digital related.

Is there a way of resetting all the TV options so it will prompt me for country etc again, as I did have different card installed initially so don't know if some previous settings might be causing problems.  The Reset TV Settings option doesn't seem to reset anything for me as far a I can tell.

Three ways to reset.

1. Options button which brings up TV property pages. On the first page, "TV Channels" there is a reset button.

2. Tools menu -> Options ... -> Playback -> TV Tuner -> Reset TV Settings ...

3. Delete registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings

I see that in your log country code of 1 (usa) was used. If you are able to bring up the TV Settings property pages (see method 1 above), you can select the country by clicking the Analog Chan button. The country code selection currently is tied to analog device. If you you do not have an analog device (either as a part of your digital device or another device), you will not be prompted to select a country.

Your log also indicates that the program failed to build a dba graph for your device. Maybe you need to specify audio and video decoders. Choose "Digital TV" tab on the property pages, and select decoders. Experiment with different ones.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:17 am »

I've emailed you the log of a recent scan attempt which I was able to stop before MC crashed.

Thanks. I will look at it. Scanning for channels is one part of coding for DVB-T that I had to do some searching-in-the-dark.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 10:06:52 am »

Yaobing another observation...

Using 11.1.149 if I use the "dvico hdtv decoder" or the directx version of that decoder the 480i shows work pretty well but if I then try to look at a 1080i show the screen turns blank and I can then not switch to the 480i shows (even though MC trys and says the signal strength is good, the screen is still black).

It SEEMS like when viewing a channel fails, something should be getting reset but isn't.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:47 am »

Yaobing another observation...

Using 11.1.149 if I use the "dvico hdtv decoder" or the directx version of that decoder the 480i shows work pretty well but if I then try to look at a 1080i show the screen turns blank and I can then not switch to the 480i shows (even though MC trys and says the signal strength is good, the screen is still black).

It SEEMS like when viewing a channel fails, something should be getting reset but isn't.
Bob,

Is this decoder the one that works best? It may be possible that the problem is just with the decoder filter.

I know you have been experimenting with different decoders, but for other people who are trying this out, let me just mention that you should try using different decoders in the list until you find one that works the best. Letting DirectShow select one automatically does not guarantee the best one is selected.

Yaobing

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 10:53:34 am »

Richard and Ray,

Both of you did not select (or was not able to select) correct country code. Country code for USA was used. In the next build, I will skip country code setting if the user has not selected one (instead of defaulting it to USA).

Please try select a country from the list on analog Scan Channels dialog.

If you are unable to do it, try editing your registry values under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings

Set "Country Code" (a DWORD value) to the code of your country (Australia, isn't it?)
Set "Country Name" (a string value) to the name of your country.

Yaobing

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 12:17:32 pm »

Bob,

Is this decoder the one that works best? It may be possible that the problem is just with the decoder filter.

I know you have been experimenting with different decoders, but for other people who are trying this out, let me just mention that you should try using different decoders in the list until you find one that works the best. Letting DirectShow select one automatically does not guarantee the best one is selected.

Yaobing

It's the only one that really works at all. The others are mpeg2 decoders and dvd decoders. There is a dvico hdtv decoder, a dvico hdtv decoder (dba) and a dvico hdtv decoder dxva and they all work to some degree but seem to have trouble with the resolution on non 480 channels (picture is mostly off the right side of the MC window). Also, once they stop working I can't seem to get them to work again without a reboot. The thing about using the direct show options is that it seems to try to pick the right filter based at least partially on the resolution??
If I use one of the other filters, they will sometimes work but I get a postage stamp sized (360) screen for example.

I think the initialization problem is causing me a lot of grief in testing this. If the tv driver could reset the "environment" between selecting new channels so I don't have to reboot I might get a better idea of what filters work and which don't.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 03:42:18 pm »

Please try select a country from the list on analog Scan Channels dialog.

If you are unable to do it, try editing your registry values under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings

Set "Country Code" (a DWORD value) to the code of your country (Australia, isn't it?)
Set "Country Name" (a string value) to the name of your country.

I don't have an analog device so can't get into the counrty setting.

I have deleted the TV Settings registry entries and then created the Country Code (For Australia I put 64) and Country Name.

I went into the Digital Settings and set the audio & video decoders to the NVIDIA ones, which is what I use for my other TV viewing apps.

When I  click the Digital Channel button I get the "Unable to PLay TV" error.

Log is below:

0000000: General: Starting logging: Date: 22/03/2006 8:13:02 AM
0000000: General: Log Reset: Logging reset
0003437: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Start
0003437: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Options page: Playback (0)
0003437: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating options page object
0003437: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating window
0003453: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Updating window
0003453: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Subclassing window
0003453: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Finish (16 ms)
0004625: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Start
0004625: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: HWND: 0. MainTVManager created: 48FA008
0004656: TV: CMJTVCtrl::FinalConstruct: Finish (31 ms)
0004656: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Start
0004656: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: OnSize called. Width - 0, Height - 0
0004656: TV: CMainTVManager::OnSize: Finish (0 ms)
0004656: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: Start
0004672: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: before InitializeDevices
0004672: TV: CMainTVManager::InitCapFilters: Start
0004672: TV: CMainTVManager::InitCapFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0004672: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: after InitializeDevices
0004672: TV: CMainTVManager::Initialize: Finish (16 ms)
0004703: TV: CMainTVManager::SetOption: Start
0007047: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Start
0007047: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Playing Digital channel DTV -1
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Start
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Cable
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Antenna
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: ATSC
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 0DAD2FDD-5FD7-11D3-8F50-00C04F7971E2
0007047: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: Digital Cable
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 143827AB-F77B-498D-81CA-5A007AEC28BF
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: AuxIn1
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: FM Radio
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Unique name: DVB-T
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: guid NetworkType: 216C62DF-6D7F-4E9A-8571-05F14EDB766A
0007062: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadTuningSpace: Finish (15 ms)
0007062: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Start
0007062: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: Start
0007062: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: giving country code 64 to IFrequencyMap
0007094: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0007094: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0007094: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0007094: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadFilter: Start
0007109: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0007109: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0007141: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Failed to connect to pin on downstream filter.
0007141: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (32 ms)
0007141: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0007141: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (15 ms)
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadFilter: Finish (62 ms)
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream: Finish (94 ms)
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadDemux: Start
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::LoadDemux: Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Start
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Start
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Found an unconnected pin on downstream filter.
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Failed to connect to pin on downstream filter.
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::ConnectFilters: Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Cannot connect demux to capture filter hr=0x80004005
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Cannot load demux
 hr=0x80004005
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Start
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Start
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildDigitalPreviewGraph: Finish (94 ms)
0007156: TV: CMainTVManager::PlayDigitalChannel: Finish (109 ms)
0007156: TV: CMainTVManager::StartPreview: Start
0007156: TV: CMainTVManager::StartPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0007156: TV: CMainTVManager::SetupTVTuner: Start
0007156: TV: CMainTVManager::SetupTVTuner: Finish (0 ms)
0007172: TV: CMainTVManager::SetOption: Finish (2469 ms)
0008672: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Start
0008672: TV: CMainTVManager::StopPreview: Finish (0 ms)
0008672: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Start
0008687: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Start
0008687: TV: CMainTVManager::DismantleTextOverlay: Finish (0 ms)
0008687: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: After NukeDownstream.
0008687: TV: CMainTVManager::TearDownGraph: Finish (15 ms)
0008687: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Start
0008687: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Start
0008687: TV: CDigitalTV::QueryIVMRMixerControl9Interface: Finish (0 ms)
0008687: TV: CDigitalTV::TeardownDigitalGraph: Finish (0 ms)
0010922: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Start
0010922: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Command: 1
0010922: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Ending modal loop
0010922: General: CNSOptionsPageInfo::OnClose: Finish (0 ms)

Richard

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 03:47:11 pm »

Thanks. I will look at it. Scanning for channels is one part of coding for DVB-T that I had to do some searching-in-the-dark.

Yaobing,

Not sure what you are scanning when doing a channel scan, but for Australia all channels are on the Bandwidth of 7.

In case it helps, below is one channel definition from DigitalWatch2, which I currently use for LiveTV here in Australia.
<Network Frequency="177500" Bandwidth="7" OriginalNetworkId="0x1013" TransportStreamId="0x502" NetworkId="0x3214" Name="Seven Network">
<Service serviceId="0x520" name="7 Digital" LCN="7">
<Stream PID="0x202" Active="1" Type="MPEG-2 Audio" />
<Stream PID="0x204" Active="1" Type="Teletext" />
<Stream PID="0x201" Active="1" Type="Video" />
<Stream PID="0x200" Active="1" Type="PMT" />
</Service>

Regards
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 05:57:18 pm »

When I  click the Digital Channel button I get the "Unable to PLay TV" error.

Log is below:

0007156: TV: CGenericHDTV::RenderDemux(IBaseFilter *): Cannot connect demux to capture filter hr=0x80004005

Somehow the graph would not connect. Does your device have a demodulator filter in addition to a capture filter?

In the next build there will be more info logged.

Not sure what you are scanning when doing a channel scan, but for Australia all channels are on the Bandwidth of 7.

In case it helps, below is one channel definition from DigitalWatch2, which I currently use for LiveTV here in Australia.
<Network Frequency="177500" Bandwidth="7" OriginalNetworkId="0x1013" TransportStreamId="0x502" NetworkId="0x3214" Name="Seven Network">
<Service serviceId="0x520" name="7 Digital" LCN="7">
<Stream PID="0x202" Active="1" Type="MPEG-2 Audio" />
<Stream PID="0x204" Active="1" Type="Teletext" />
<Stream PID="0x201" Active="1" Type="Video" />
<Stream PID="0x200" Active="1" Type="PMT" />
</Service>

Thanks. I am using bandwidth 7. But there is no clean way for me to directly use carrier frequency values. I try to let the system scan upward to find valid channels automatically. The log file sent to me by Ray indicated that each time the system finds something, the TranportStreamID is invalid. Maybe its just the wrong country code. So please try again when a new build is out, and keep sending/posting the log files.

By the way, the country code for Australia is 61, and that for New Zealand is 64 according to Microsoft document. This probably matter very little in practice.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 06:34:39 am »

Somehow the graph would not connect. Does your device have a demodulator filter in addition to a capture filter?

I honestly don't know!

By the way, the country code for Australia is 61, and that for New Zealand is 64 according to Microsoft document. This probably matter very little in practice.

Oops, sorry I have 61, but had just phoned New Zealand so for some reason typed 64!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 06:31:21 pm »

I honestly don't know!

Richard,

Build 11.1.151 includes additional logging which lists all devices in the same category as the capture device. This could give me some idea (though not definite) whether a demodulator is what is needed. Please run it and post or email me the log again.

Thanks.
Yaobing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up