INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD via DoP or Upsampling  (Read 2515 times)

ghostdot

• Recent member
DSD via DoP or Upsampling
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:19:02 am »

Dear All,

I've been using mc 21 on a mac mini for a couple of weeks now and I do need your help: Is it normal to have only DSD via DoP options (1x up to 4x) to
upsample files? Mc 21 on windows allows you, if memory serves my well, to have files upsampled in "pure" DSD. I'm asking you this because my DAC
(Yamaha cd s-2100 USB) won't go over DSD 1x in DoP on mac, while accepts upsampled DSD on windows Mc21. Is it a feature that will be ported on Mac
in a near future or am I missing/not understanding something?

forgive my english, as it is not my language!

thank you in advance!
andrea

jamezua

• Recent member
Re: DSD via DoP or Upsampling
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:27:06 am »

As Dtc said in another post:

"DoP is simply the DSD bits packed into a PCM wrapper. The DoP capable DAC simply unpacks the bits and reconstructs the original DSD stream. It is bit perfect. It was designed so that you do not need an ASIO driver, partially because Apple's Core Audio does not support ASIO."

You need an ASIO driver to play native DSD, hope that solves your issue, cheers ...  8)

ghostdot

• Recent member
Re: DSD via DoP or Upsampling
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:41:47 am »

As Dtc said in another post:

"DoP is simply the DSD bits packed into a PCM wrapper. The DoP capable DAC simply unpacks the bits and reconstructs the original DSD stream. It is bit perfect. It was designed so that you do not need an ASIO driver, partially because Apple's Core Audio does not support ASIO."

You need an ASIO driver to play native DSD, hope that solves your issue, cheers ...  8)

Thank you for the response.
My DAC under windows uses the Steinberg Yamaha ASIO drivers and decodes DSD natively up to 2X; the Drivers for Mac are different and I guess they do not use ASIO. I do understand that Mac does not have ASIO implementation (am I correct?)
Maybe I'm better off asking Yamaha...

Pages: [1]   Go Up