INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to show Recorded TV in Theater view?  (Read 5234 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to show Recorded TV in Theater view?
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »

It would be nice if this would be there by default but since it is not how do I customize the theater view to show Recorded TV shows by JRiver?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to show Recorded TV in Theater view?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »

Could you also make it possible to go back in time in the guide?
I often do this to access recent recordings in Sage.
thx

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:24:09 am »

It would be nice if this would be there by default but since it is not how do I customize the theater view to show Recorded TV shows by JRiver?

Yep, MC is very customisable . . . so the default views will never satisfy everyone. So you will have to learn how to create views in Standard and Theatre View.

I have created a very simple "Recorded TV" view based on the directory that the files are in. All my recordings are saved to the directory E:\Recorded TV\, so all I did to create it was replicate the default "Shows" view, and then change the rules used in "Set rules for display". See the attached image for what I did. Not that I also replicated the "Series" and "All Recent" sub-views of the Shows view.

I could probably have made this more sophisticated using the available TVInfo() expressions, but there was no need.

In fact you will notice that that in this view I only want to see "TV Shows", which means I am excluding "Movies". I could have just set the [Media Type] to Video and left out the reference to the [Media Sub Type], then I would see TV Shows and Movies in the view.

You may also noticed that I have a view for TV Shows that I have flagged as Favourites. But that is a longer story, for another time. Note also that I have kept the Shows view as a catch all for all recorded and imported TV Shows. I could still do a lot more with views, but, time. Plus the KISS principle helps keep the WAF higher.

There are a lot of great threads, and some Wiki articles on customising views. Have a search and read. You need to know some of that stuff to get the most out of MC anyway.

Here is a nice, though older, thread for Standard Views.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.msg464065#msg464065
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 01:41:53 am »

Could you also make it possible to go back in time in the guide?
I often do this to access recent recordings in Sage.
thx

As above, you could look at the default Guide view, copy it and make a new view that looks into the past. The default view uses the expression [TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate to start the Guide at the current date and time. I don't know how far back the data will go, but my data goes back at least a couple of weeks. I have cleared my EPG data a few times recently, so I can't tell how far back it could actually go. I haven't tested this either, except for a quick look. You could break the default views, so make copies and play with them.

In Standard View, the Guide will go back two to three days, by changing the Day and Time in the All Programs view.

But that isn't a very good way to find recent recordings. Using the "All Recent" sub-view in the Shows view works much better. Again, look at the default view to work out what you need to do if you wish to create your own view.

You can also look at the Recently Imported Smartlist, which you could also put on the menu in Theatre View so that it is readily available. In fact it is already there under the Playlist menu item on the top level Theatre View menu. The Recently Imported Smartlist will displayed all imported media, including TV Recordings and other sources.

Plenty more learning to do. But at least you can customise MC to show you exactly what you want to see. Well, mostly.  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »

This is great thank you sir!  Looking forward to do some customization tonight and will post back.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »

If you record in .ts, be sure to filter out .jtv files as well, otherwise you might get 2 listings for each show during record.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »

If you record in .ts, be sure to filter out .jtv files as well, otherwise you might get 2 listings for each show during record.

Do you see that? I'm surprised, as if you are recording in TS format, the only JTV files that should exist are the temporary Time Shift files. Those files shouldn't get a recording record in MC. Even if there was a crash, and on restart MC found the JTV Time Shifting files, it shouldn't import them. Well, I don't think it should. Maybe it does so that they are easy to find?

Could you explain the steps to create two visible listings, so Yaobing is aware of it?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 07:44:19 am »

Aaaah... I was debating whether I should post this or not...I don't want to disturb Yaobbing and keep him focused on the "real" issues :)

Maybe this would explain why last night, I was recording a hockey game that I was watching (which is a subscription) ...Then I switched to another subscription recording (daily evening news). Then back again to resume the last minutes of the hockey game, then back to the news.   THEN I hit stopped maybe around 10 minutes before the end of the news recording (ends at 11h00 PM and I hit stop at 10h50. MC prompted my if I wanted to save the time shifted recording?? (As this was a subscription I shouldn't have seen this..)

I hit stop and save time shifted option afraid of losing the recording and I could see a duplicate in my recent recording for the news. One was the news (time shifted with an extra 10 minutes) and the other was the actual subscription.  I deleted the time shifted one in theater view and only the good one stayed and was not actually deleted...

Can this be due to .jtv (used for time shifting?) and .ts files?

I'll try to reproduce this...

One more little thing (a tiny bit off topic)..Maybe 15 minutes past the start of the hockey game subscription start I connected through another CLient PC and could only start from the live recording and not from the beginning of the game..) I thought MC21 might have only started the recording then but when I went to my server HTPC, the whole game was there....

Maybe one last one... I lost AC3 sound a couple of times but not sure if it's MC or my receiver...Will pay attention to this and post back. In both occasions I had to start MC21 back.  And one of them was when I was fidling with the Colossus filters so this one doesn't count :)...
Yaobbing for the Colossus I see you have a Wiki for Analog devices.  You may want to highlight this: To get AC3 sound on the colossus, I always need to enable the Time Shifting Option for analog devices, otherwise I just get 2 Channel PCM (We've exchanged a few posts way back on this topic.)

Aside from this I really enjoyed my MC21 TV experience last night!!! Flipping channels is definitely faster than a few MC21 versions back and watching through the colossus and/or ATSC Tuner cards is also very smooth. Takes a bit longer to surf through these but same behaviour with Sage...I recall having seen something on this in the release notes and I confirm it definitely helps MC21 to be faster to respond!!

Oh and most importantly: NO CRASH!!! :):)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:48 am »

If you saved time-shifting, you get a file "**** saved time-shifting.jtv" which is imported into your library.  If you already have a scheduled recording on the same program, you do get two recordings.  This is regardless whether your recording is TS or JTV.  So in your case, you get a TS recording and a JTV saved time-shifting.

If you watch a channel (not a recording) on a client, the playback starts from the live time.  If you watch the (partially) recorded show, it should start from the beginning.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 09:15:37 am »

Thank you sir.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:18 am »

As above, you could look at the default Guide view, copy it and make a new view that looks into the past. The default view uses the expression [TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate to start the Guide at the current date and time.

RoderickGI how do you copy-paste a view? Or we can only do it manually?
(I've asked for this in another post..)
thx

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:47 am »

I really like the new option of being able to skip days in the guide thanks Yaobbing!!!

I changed the theater guide from 7 days to 12 days to get all data by changing the custom to this:

[TVTime]=#TVGuideStartDate-12d  as that's what Rovi is giving us.
Anyway to make MC2XML grab 14 days instead of 12? Is this possible?

One last thing I've been trying to customise in th the Theater view is to go back a couple of days in the guide just like in the standard view but was not able to...So I assume it's feasible? If so what would be the Custom line to put in?

I tried Roderick's suggestion but it didn't work and gave me an empty Guide.
thx!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

RoderickGI how do you copy-paste a view? Or we can only do it manually?

Yeah I just meant manual copy and paste, since retyping some of the expressions is prone to error. For me anyway!

I see you saved the Time Shifting files, and that is why they appeared separately in MC. That makes sense. I've never seen them appear as a record without saving the Time Shifting files. I have the setting at "Options/Television/Time-Shifting/Save on Stop" set to "Do not save", so I never get asked. Do you have yours set to something else, like "Ask when worth saving"? That would explain why you got asked, after all the channel hopping.

I know you want to look back a couple of days in the Guide, which would be useful just to check what was supposed to be recorded. But if the main reason you want to do this is to find and access recorded shows, the "All Recent" sub-view in the Shows view is a far better tool, or the Recently Imported Smartlist.

Even if you could go back a couple of days to see what shows were recorded, I don't believe that you would be able to access (i.e. open for review, and play) the recording by clicking on it. MC would just think you are trying to record it again or something, and as it is in the past, wouldn't allow it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up